F I F T Y E I G H T

There, stood a crown, upon my head that belonged to me.

"May your majesty live long and prosper..."

Voices echoed through the halls. I, Magnificent Dillionio, am the Queen of the three kingdoms. Ameragonia, Emercidin and Devilonio.

No one dared to utter a word to disrespect me. Sitting tall, I stared in front of me. The old memories still linger in the back of my mind. I will never going to forget about it. The long awaited plan had come to an end. I had avenge for my brother, the revenge was a success. For my people, my kingdom, my parents, I am to hope make you all proud. I should be happy, aren't I ? But why do I feel lonely?

Throughout the years, there was one thing I learnt. I learnt to sacrifice. Sometimes to be able to obtain one thing, you should sacrifice another. Two men, two incredible powerful men, were the greatest love of mine. They were also my biggest sacrifice. I sacrificed them for my own happiness, my own benefits. My love for them will never fade. However, they were just love. One thing I am incredible certain is that they were nothing but love. They were just love and love does not last forever.

but power does.

Beat. Thump. Beat. Thump.

Darkness filled my vision. I was gasping for air. My eyes were teary and red. I was soaked in sweats and confusion. The pendulum clock rang my ears. Surrounding me, was a very familiar place. I looked around, squinting into my own reflection in the mirror. Bags formed under my eyes. I felt as if I was in a daze.

Realization hit me as I walked towards the mirror. In my night gown, my hair's a mess, tear streaked. It was a dream. A long dream that I could never ever going to recover from. Tomorrow morning is the day my brother will ascend the throne. No one's dead. The two men in my dream were just fictional. They do not exist. But why do I cry so much? Why do my heart aches so bad?

I took a deep breath and walked back to my bed. I should go back to sleep so I can be fully prepared for my brother's ceremony in the morning. Just as I reached my bed, the loud screech of the door startled me.

Stood in the doorway, was my father. His wide eyes and pale expression intensified my confusion.

With trembling voice, he said, "your brother is dead."

The beatings of my heart stopped. Suddenly, breathing became an impossible task.

"You have to ascend the throne." His voice hoarse, shaky, "immediately."