S E V E N T E E N

I don't have a good feeling about this, my step reached the front door of this man and I am more than petrified to do so. Guards stood straight and bowed down mistaken me for a princess. I am so wrong, I shouldn't have agreed to Rosemary upon this.

I knocked on the door.

There were silence. I stood as confident as I could while in the inside, I face-palm myself countless of times.

"What are you doing here?" I turned around to faced the large figure.

I curtsied. While he was waiting for my answer, I said "I-um-I-I" I looked around to see all the guards looked at me and I felt even worser. Oh god, why did I even came here in the first place? I guessed king Edwards noticed my stuttered self, with just one gesture, all the guards bowed down and leave us alone.

"Actually you-" I was pulled inside his place that was unbelievably heaven-alike. It doesn't even look like a room no more, it is like a house. I wasn't very interested with all the decorations and marble floors and chandeliers, but what interested me the most, is the big, by big I mean very very large book shelf with countless amount of book. I am very shook.

"Amaze?" I turned to see king Edwards with hands crossed with a smirk.

"Wow." I could see and feel sparkles in my eyes the way I said 'wow'.

"You can take a look if you want." He said and started walking away to his desk, continue reading a piece of paper.

I was left alone and explore the endless bookshelves. It's been a very long time since I've sat and read different types of book. Back then at Ameragonia, I spent my whole afternoon, reading in the library. I never like to be disturbed. I walked upon the bookshelves and roamed around each book and for a moment, I forgot I actually came here for revenge. I turned to see king Edwards was busy reading something so I decided to just read a book or two.

Well, after lost into books, I've actually realized that I stayed in my-reading-position for the whole morning, I could feel my back started to hurt and majorities of book placed on top of one another like a huge mess. I quickly straightened up myself and place the book back at where it supposed to be and I quickly walked passed the bookshelves and spotted King Antonio and King Edwards chatting. I guessed king Antonio noticed my presence, because his eyes adverted into my direction. He raised his brow and this causes king Edwards to noticed. King Edwards turned around, with hands crossed, he said "You seems to be so interested in books." I nodded and making my way towards the royalty. I curtsied at king Antonio and his gaze remained fixed at mine.

I felt like what I did was so wrong. I knew so well about my feelings toward Antonio and I get upset at him for wanting me when he already have Angelica and now I am currently acting not as different as what Antonio is doing. Rosemary decided that to seduce king Edwards into making me a queen will be easier for my revenge, but days by days, I had almost forgotten that I came here for revenge.

"How's Angelica?" King Edwards broke the silence. King Antonio's eyes still fixed on mine "She's gracefully great." I turned to look at king Edwards to see if he caught king Antonio looking at me but king Edwards looked unnoticed. I breathe out a heave of relief. "Great." King Edwards said. With one last glance, king Antonio bowed at father king Edwards and left the room.

"Mind accompanying me for some books?" King Edwards spoke in a very gentle voice that is not suited for the king like him at all. "Why are you speaking to me so formally?" I asked. He chuckled, "You don't always have to be the king all the times." Without waiting for my response, he makes his way forward.

This Father king Edwards I knew wasn't like the king Edwards who hanged my father at all. He seemed happy and gentle, he looked like an ordinary old man and not some cruel father king of Emercidin. The ways his eyes adverted from one book to another reminded me of my father. He seemed calm and just so focused. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" My father asked while his eyes still roaming around for books.

"You notice?" I said, "it's just that--" I stopped with tears began falling.

He noticed it and caressed my cheek, "What's wrong sweetie?"

"Father, you looked older days by days and I don't want you to grow old. I am only 9 year-old, please promise me that you'll stay with me forever with mother and brother." I said in my very sweet and young tone.

He looked at me and smiled and seeing his strands of silver hair peeking out from his brown hair, I felt my tears began falling down again.

"Magnificent..." my father said, "I promise to be with you and our family together forever." He pulled me into a very warm hug that I couldn't ever forget until now.

With reality came back, I felt a hand caressing my cheek that were now bloated with tears. "What's wrong?" King Edwards asked searching for any answer in my eyes. I quickly dried all the tears and managed to bring my strong self back as possible, "umm--nothing." I said. He squinted his eyes and he knew I lied. "Okay, it's just that I miss my father who isn't here right now." I managed to let a couple of tears fall. Without needing to hear any more words, he nodded "he must be a very great father then." Oh little did he know that the great father he was talking about is also the same father that his people had killed, how would he feel. Anger rushed through me and I shoved those tempered away. "Let's continue on finding your books." I changed the topic and he didn't push it any further. He continue roaming around for books and we stayed silence. I guessed he noticed the unwanted atmosphere, so he decided to speaks up, "What do you think of Antonio?" I tried to remain as calm as possible but my inner self is eager to wanting to know why he asked me this. "He is a good king." I answered. He nodded at my words. "How about Angelica?" He asked. "She is very wise and a beautiful lady." I replied. He seemed busy finding his books but that doesn't stop him from questioning me, "well, I knew someone who shines and have something special that she don't." He said. I nodded. His eyes turned to me and turned back to his books. "And she is pretty dumb too." Okay what does that have to do with me, why do I feel affected?

"So do you think they would make a perfect husband and wife?" He asked.

My eyes widened at the sudden words. Of course they going to get marry, they are fiancé after all. Why do I get such a sudden shock from it, I shouldn't be jealous or possessive over things that aren't mine. Right now I should only focused on king Edwards, not Antonio's.

I kept on walking and didn't know that king Edwards came to a halt. I bumped into his back and he turned and faced me.

His eyes bored into mine with different emotions I can't tell.

With just words, he could get me off guard.

"Why are you not answering me?" He asked, "is it because of you didn't hear me or because of.."

I swallowed an imaginary lump down my throat.

"Or is it because you are attracted him too?