F I F T Y T W O

I watched as his eyes blinked in surprise as he heard my words. The next thing he did brought my brows to furrowed in confusion.

"It is crazy if you think I would believe you." he chuckled.

I smiled, "Do you really think that Queen Elizabeth is dead?"

He stared at me for a while before answering, "No. However I do not believe that she is with you."

I thought he would probably think that she was dead, poisoned. Everybody knew, that was what Rosemary told me but to hear that he knew she was still alive, confuses me.

"She was poisioned." I stated.

"She was." he nodded, "and she survived." 

I know that. How did he know that?

He chuckled, "I think I am coming to terms of what you are talking about and to answer your curiosity, yes, I know that she survived and everybody knows that but she decided to leave us to her home town. I did not stop her because if that is what makes her happy, then I would be happy to let her go."

"and do you know who-"

"who poisoned her?" he nodded, "Rosemary did."

My eyes widened in shock. I was totally fooled by her. Indeed I knew that she was mischievous but to know that she has the audacity to lie to me after I had told her only truthful words, angered me so bad. I was wrong to know that I knew a lot about all these things and to threatened Father King Edwards with all these things that he already knew, brought shame and embarrasement to my face.

"and do you want to know why I still kept her despite knowing so well that she did that?"

"was it because she was Angelica's aunt?"

"Yes and no. It was because I did not know her intention before and believe her when she said that she did not know that the tea was filled with poison, and I watched as she drank it too and she was okay. I was a fool to not know that the poison was actually in the cup and not in the tea."

I nodded, instanly feel the urge to puke. I was embarrassed and angry.

"Anyway, whether you know about her death or not, I have her with me." I tried to remain as calm as I possibly can, "and I am telling you the truth."

Almost instantly, he said, "I believe your words."

"Why the sudden change?"

"Because that is the only way for me to be able to see her, again."

I nodded, "Interesting, so you don't actually believe me; you just fake-believe my words that's all."

"If that is so, then yes." he nodded.

"And according to your favor, I won't agree to it unless it is compatible." 

"Deal." 

We stood still in both of our positions, staring at each other with the lack of trusts in one another. He knew I don't have Queen Elizabeth with me but he also knew that I knew where she is, and that she is no longer at her hometown. 

"I can only show you her if only you had helped me first."

"How can I know that you are not lying?"

I chuckled dryly, "You have the whole kingdom and soldiers to yourself, I am alone, therefore you think I have the audacity to rebel against you?"

I watched as he absorbed in my words and later on, nodding indicating that my words made sense.

"What do you want?" 

I smiled, "I want to borrow your lines of soldiers to help me fight the kingdom of Devilon."

I watched as his eyes widened and brows furrowed in confusion. He looked at me as if I am joking only until he realized that I am not. A disbelief filled his dull blue eyes.

"Why?"

"Why do I want to borrow your soldiers? or why do I want to fight against the kingdom of Devilon?"

"You know exactly what I am asking for."

I gave out a weak laugh, "Alright, alright...I believe my personal reasons got nothing to do with you. I am truly sure about this decision and this is only a little favor from you, and you'll gain something, or rather someone better, am I right?"

Another disbelief present in his eyes again as he stared at me, "I know you have the fire within you but to know that you have the audacity to rebel against the most powerful king in the world, made me questioned twice about offerring you the favor, because who would knew that you will not kill me after you are done."

"Again, I have no power which was why I asked you for this favor. You are above this favor therefore, you have every right to stop me."

"Do you know that this is not possible." he raised his brows.

"Trust me, anything is possible." I replied.

His eyes set on mine, fully absorbed in my words. After what felt like enternity, he finally agreed.

***

The ceremony went smoothly. I was busy trying to keep myself busy to avoid exchanging words with King Devilon. He seemed to be curious of my long conversation with Father King Edwards but he chose not to press me any further for which I am thankful for. For now, everything was set, King Antonio was gone and all I have left, is my revenge. 

Before King Edwards left, I had told him the specific time and day for the preparation. 

Now that I sat here staring at the once-alive-plant that I had brought with me from Ameragonia, nostalgia brought me back to my wonderful memories. I caressed the rough dead leaves that could not survive in this cold kingdom. It was once full of life and now, it is dead.

"What is it to you?"

The familiar voice brought my eyes to adverted towards the familiar silver ones. 

"This plant?"

I watched as he took a sit next to me, silver eyes full of curiosity.

"Yes, this plant."

"This," I smiled, "this is dead."

"For now." He smiled back, correcting me.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"For now?" I asked.

"Yes." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "I am going to make it alive again."

I chuckled, clearly have no hope in his words. "This plant can't be grown in cold places, let alone this extremely cold kingdom."

"Trust me, anything is possible." His eyes set intensely on mine.