F O R T Y T W O

My eyes widened due to the complete shock I had from the sudden screams. A rebel had broken in, I am incredibly sure. Before I knew it, another loud crash was heard gaining more screams echoed throught the hall. 

"Magnificent." My thoughts were cut off upon hearing King Devilon's voice. 

I nodded not too sure of what to do. We were still on the balcony, not too far from the hall. 

"Magnificent," he repeated, "I have to go. Please stay here and don't move, the rebel never broke out of the hall."

Before I could reply, he moved towards the massive door and I stopped him. 

"I'll go too." Confidence dripped off my lips.

His silver eyes adverted towards mine, as if he thought he had heard wrong.

"I'll go - "

"No, Magnificent. Listen to me." he grabbed both of my shoulders. By this time, we both have to screamed at each other since the noises had gotten louder by time. "I know this is not something new to you: you had been through incident like this but please, please don't go out."

Suddenly, staring into his silver orbs, I had finally understand why he forbid me from going out: it was not because he was afraid I would be injured; it was because he knew who broke into this castle, and he doesn't want me to see him- King Antonio. He was afraid that I will leave him again.

Hesitantly, I nodded. I watched as he gave me a glance before heading out the door. I stayed still in my place while adrenaline rushed in within me. As much as I wanted to let go, I still could not retain my excitement to see him again. I was eager, I know, but maybe this is the last time I could see him before I -

"Ahhh!!" Another loud agony cry invaded my ears once again.

Before I knew it, my feet moved towards the door. I slowly opened the door and was met the metallic smell. Blood and bodies piled up almost everywhere and suddenly, I felt the urge to vomit. It had been such a long time since I had witnessed such scenes. I walked over to one of the corpse next to my foot and I took out the sword from its grip. 

Everyone was busy fighting, so I quickly made my way towards the person I am looking for. On the way, I was met with a few rebels but I managed to escape with only a few fights. Managed to went throught the chaotic crowds, I had spotted King Devilon from afar, all dressed in his armour suits. He was busy fighting with several rebels surrounded him. I looked around trying to make sure I was safe before I made my way towards him. I slashed one of the rebels on his back which gained quite several attentions. I landed behind King Devilon, back to back with one another.

"What are you doing here?!" he asked while several men in armor suits circling us.

"I am here to help you." and it was true. I am determined to help him because I needed him to help me for future plans.

Even though, he had his helmet on, which revealed only his eyes, I could still tell that he was smilling underneath the metal. We fought and fought, and as more rebels came, more of our soldiers came to rescue us, which resulted in such a big circle. Spotted this opportunities, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a corner leaving his men sheltered us. 

"What are-" He sushed me, clearly telling me to remained silent, in case of gaining attention from the rebels.

I watched as he carefully took his armor suit, revealed some ripped fabric and cuts on his skin, and handed it to me. My brows furrowed in confusion, I knew his intention, but why? 

"Please wear this." He begged me with his eyes.

"Why?" I answered, "I don't need this, you do."