T H I R T Y F I V E

I watched as all eyes stared straight at me with expressions I can't read.

"We're going back, Magnificent," King Edwards said, "we're going back to Emercidin."

Words left his mouth loud and clear, and so determined. He was so sure that no one could change his mind. No one.

Suddenly, a very overwhelm feeling filled within me. I looked over to see King Antonio stared at me.

"If she really wants to go back, then let her." Familiar and yet cold voice made its way into my ears.

Father King Edwards' eyes turned towards me clearly warning me with his pair of slush-blue eyes. "She will be going to the kingdom of Emercidin, with us."

"There's no reason for me to go back." I replied, "after you knew my intentions of being there in the first place."

Something flickered in his pair of blue eyes.

"There's no reason for you to stay."

"There is clearly a reason, Father." I turned to the source of the voice: alluring blue eyes staring me emotionlessly.

"May—Magnificent, I don't understand why you would want to stay after being tortured horribly by that man?!" He spoke through anger.

"It's not because of him..." I said.

It's because of his biological mother. I needed to keep the promise.

"You're not going anywhere." His eyes set hard on me pushing me out of my limits.

Before I could answer, he set me another warning, "Rosemary is waiting to see you."

Rosemary.

Suddenly, realization hit me, "What did you do to her?"

"I did what I should do to a rebel." His eyes shot right at me.

"She has no fault in this." I spoke through gritted teeth, "if you were going to punish a person who's at fault, it's me. Punish me instead."

"Maybe just by watching you watching her in pain, is already a punishment—" Expressed Father King Edwards.

Angrily, I leaned over and gripped his shirt, "She. Is. Not. At. Fault."

I watched as he stared me, probably quite taken back by my action. I glared at him so hard, so hard that I felt like he almost break. Almost.

A familiar hand placed on mine cautiously awaken the dead butterflies and warmth. It was quick, a very swift movement, and then it's all gone.

The ride was quiet. The loudest thing in the cartage was probably the sound of my slamming heart. I don't know whether the manic pace of my heart was due to extreme anger or him. I adverted my eyes towards the curtain—stained curtain. I grabbed it and yanked it open. Dark. It was extremely dark outside. Verdant green visible through my pair of eyes. I was tired.

Everybody is soundly asleep. I could not. Automatically, my eyes adverted towards the man in front of me. The King of Emercidin. The one person I accused of all these times. Now, under the moonlight, I observed his features. His beautiful features. His eyes were closed revealing thick dark lashes. The familiar pair of rosy lips. Everything was so familiar.

I don't miss him.

I don't.

I—

"I really miss your presence." a familiar voice broke my train of thoughts.

Beat. Thump. Beat. Thump.

I quickly adverted my eyes to Father King Edwards. He was sleeping.