T H I R T Y S I X

"Do you really think that you'll be safe once you are here?"

A familiar deep and powerful voice echoed throughout the whole place. I don't have to turn around in order to know who this voice belong to.

King Antonio Davinsky.

"I don't." I answered bluntly.

He walked and stood next to me, staring at the splendid views in front of us.

"Do you really think that Father brought you here just to claim you back as his queen?"

Another one. Another question that struck me quite harshly.

"No." I adverted my eyes towards his charming blue ones, "I am not here to take anything away from you, not your father, nor your throne. I am here to rescue Rosemary because she is not at fault."

His jaw tightened, I knew he doesn't believe a single thing I had said. He took a step closer to me.

"She is at fault." He gritted his teeth, "and you are too."

I dared to stare back at him as equally hard, "I was here to avenge for my people, for myself and most importantly, for my brother...", his eyes softened at the mention of my brother, "..and because I thought that you killed him. Many thought you did. But turns out, it was not you. It was someone else..."

King Devilon Arisen. It was him.

"and so I am here, standing here, asking you one favor. Please let go of Rosemary." My eyes were staring at his crystal blue ones so hard and genuine that I could feel him slowly, giving in.

I watched as he stroke his dark hair in frustration and turned to me fully. Both of his hands were squeezing my forearms. His blue eyes stared at me so intense and so...lost? Although the alcohol smell on his body invaded my nostrils that he probably drank during the 'welcome back' party, he still looked sober to me and I am incredibly sure that he, now, knows what he was doing.

"Magnificent..." I cant help but to feel shivers whenever he says my name.

"I know...I know this is not the only reason you came here for." His blue eyes so blue that I might get lost in them, again, "you did not remember about her. You came here because you wanted to. Your intention wasn't for Rosemary."

I hated how he always knew. He was right, I didn't remember about Rosemary.

"So why are you here for in the first place?" His eyes, the same blue eyes, were waiting for me to tell him the truth, to tell him honestly.

I could not.

I came back here for a reason.

"I am here because I miss your presence." I repeated the words he said back at the cartage but maybe not as genuine as his.

Something flickered in his crystal eyes, not happiness, not surprise, just disappointment.

He stepped back widened the distance between us, leaving such big gap. He shook his head slightly and shut his eyes. He turned his back towards me. I could see the frustration through him, even when he's not looking at me.

"Why?" Was all he asked. Probably was all he managed to asked.

"What do you mean why?" I knew so well what he meant despite my act of innocence.

"Wh-y?" His voice cracked and I could feel something in me breaks too.

Why is he acting like this all of a sudden?

"You." I could feel that it took every ounce of him to say the next few words, "you are a one big liar."

I flinched slightly at his words. Although I know he was talking the truth, I still couldn't believe that he would call me that straight into my face. I stood silently. I didn't know how to reply or what to say because I knew it would not change anything.