F I F T Y T H R E E

After multiple days of secretly exchanging letters with King Edwards, we had finally settled on a date that is compatible for the both of us. It will be next week's wednesday, enough time for us to prepare the entrance and weapons, and hopefully, my courage and mentality.

"Miss." A soft voice invaded my ears, "Her majesty demanded your presence for dinner."

These couple of days I had been declining the offer of the Queen and chose to eat quietly in my own room due to the horror of slipping these letters once I am not around. However, since I had burnt all of the letters today, I decided that there is nothing more to hide since no physical evidence is left to be found out.

I nodded and dismissed her.

"I see that you are here." Sarcasm rolled off her tongue as she sent daggers at me with her bold blue eyes. 

I smiled back at her as equally fake, "I am here since you demanded."

I sat down like I should and started eating. No one uttered a word and I dare not ask about King Devilon since I don't actually want to know anyway. The further I am from him, the more work I can get done. Two people sitting at the large rectangular table about a feet away from one another is indeed very lonely. I watched as Queen Alizarin ate in silence with her eyes zoning out like usual. Sometimes, I wonder what was running through her mind?

"Do you know Queen Elizabeth Davinsky?" I asked through the silence.

Her blue eyes rose towards mine with a confused look. After a while, she said "Of course I know her."

She had indeed answered my question but not what I wanted.

"No. You know what I meant."

"I really don't."

"She is not just a queen." I looked at her, "she is your very close-"

"NO. What are you talking about?"

"Why are you trying to hide the fact that she is your very close friend?"

A shock expressed on her face, "How did you know that?" 

I had almost laugh at her expression.

"I am not stupid, Queen Alizarin. Rosemary and Queen Elizabeth are very good friends. You know so well that Queen Elizabeth wanted your so-called son to be dead too, so the only person that can help you with your plan is Rosemary. I am incredibly sure that you are the one who brought Rosemary here into this kingdom just so she can help you with your vicious plan. Do you really think I am stupid enough to think that Rosemary can secretly sneak into here without being noticed?"

"What kind of plan are you talking about?" she dared to challenge me with her eyes.

I smiled. "Don't act naive."

"If you are telling me that I wanted my own son to be dead then you are incredibly wrong. Why would I do that?" Innocent eyes dancing upon her face.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "Please remove your act because I am willing to help too."

Her eyes widened and the corner of her bold red lips curled up. 

"I had been waiting for this for ages." She tossed her volumous hair, "What had gotten you in this?"

I can't tell her about my revenge plan or else she would not help me. So instead I shrugged and told her the first thing that came to my mind, "Who would not want him dead?"

She seemed to understand my choice of words and nodded along. It was not very hard to convince her with my words and that is only thing I like about her.

"But... " I stared at her, "I will only help if you agree to me with one thing."

"If only it is agreeable."

"Tell me," I lowered my voice, "where is Queen Elizabeth Davinsky?"

Truthfully, I did not know where Queen Elizabeth is. The only way I could convince King Edwards for his help is via lying. 

She smiled, "that's all it is?"

I nodded.

"She's in this country right now."

"Where exactly?"

"This will not be said only until I succeed with my plan first."

Now she's using my words to challenge me and I hesitantly agreed.

Throughout the whole time, I had told her about my plan with King Edwards. She nodded in approval once she found out that every solider from this kingdom and the kingdom of Emercidin will be helping.

So King Devilon will be alone.

The long time went by fast as I finally got dismissed. I walked back into my room with excitement within me. I knew this plan will go well and obviously, I will succeed.

"Where were you?"

I halted as my eyes rose up to a pair of silver once. King Devilon sat comfortably on my bed with his hands clasped together and eyes on me. He looked distressed: dark circles surrounded his eyes and dark hair disheveled on his head. 

"I was eating." 

Not even bother to listen to me, he pulled me towards him until I was straddling on his lap. He kissed my head softly.

"I miss you..." 

Again, this man did not fail to make my heart racing but I had to ignore it.

I have to complete my revenge. I have to succeed. I have to bring back peace to my people -  including myself. This man had truly brought love to me, trying to calm me down in every way as possible but he did not make me happy. He can't change the past just because he conquered greatly in the present. He had hurt me physically and mentally. However, it would be a lie if I said that all that convinced me into creating a war. The only reason I wanted to fight was to -

"Do you regret it?" he stared at his beautiful features.

"Regret what?" 

"Regret being here."

"No." I smiled, "I don't regret being here."

And I meant it. I thoroughly meant it. I don't regret being here, he had saved me from marrying King Edwards which I truly appreciated. Although he had hurt me during the process, I still don't regret being here. But the only thing I had regretted badly is that if I could turn back time, I wished I had not fell for him because now that I slowly does, I know I will hurt him in the process and it will hurt myself too.

Growing up, I had finally realized that:

My own happiness will harm me way more than my grief.

So I'd rather do what's best for me and soon, I will be over it because my own happiness is not in my own hands...

it was in his.