F O R T Y E I G H T

It had been days since I had last heard their conversation, only half though because I could not afford to listen to it any longer. It was not that I cannot take it; it was just that somehow I knew it might affect my already-gathered plan.

Today is the day that I will talk to King Devilon about my plan, asking him a huge favor that I know he will grant. I knew for a fact that King Antonio and Princess Angelica went back to their kingdom a few days ago, which meant that no one could interrupt my plan. No one.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked onto his artistic door. My fingers were fidgeting quite frequent as I hear no footsteps nor sound made: it was silence. I am incredibly sure that he was in there because where could he possibly go so early in the morning. The sun obviously had not rose yet. 

Again, I waited. I did not knock again because my pride was in the way. After a while, I heard a loud crash echoed from the room. My curiosity came crawling out as I quietly and carefully push the door open, slightly. My eyes widened as I witnessed the scene in front of me: Rosemary pointed a sword towards King Devilon's throat.

No wonder they did not hear my knocking.

I watched as the sharp front of the metallic sword that was held in Rosemary's palm, was inches away from his throat. He did not flinch, not even a bit. 

Is she out of her mind? She's not going to make it.

"Who are you?" dark and threatening voice escaped his lips.

She chuckled. I knew nothing scares her.

"I am a no one as you can see." a mischievious smile formed on her lips, "but I am here to tell you something that could change your life, forever."

He continued staring at her as if she had lost her mind. I, myself, did not know what she was going to say. My feet stilled onto the ground in hope that I could hear parts of them if not most of them.

"If you don't have any more business here, leave."

"Oh no, but I do." she stepped towards him, lowered down her sword.

"leav-"

"Magnificent-" she took another step forward.

This mention of my name had gained my eyes widened and nerves wrecking me. What is she going to say?

"I see, her name had gotten your attention pretty well, King Devilon."

"What about her?" he could not even hide his curiosity within this question.

"Magnificent. Queen Magnificent Dillionio." this is not going to be good since she had used my full name as well as my title, "She wanted you dead."

A soft gasp escaped my lips but it was so low that only I could hear it, barely. How dare she betrayed me? I knew this was coming but now? Seriously?

I watched as his expression remained calm and not even a flick of surprise. He wasn't buying her words I am sure. 

"I know I know" she waved both of her hands, "a no one told you that the woman you love want to kill you, it is insane..." Her eyes darkened, "but I am telling you the truth. If you don't believe me now, it might affect your whole life, your throne, your trust, your crown."

"I don't think I am capable of understanding your words." he shook his head, trying to push her away with his few words.

"NO. No. Oh, but you do. You are a smart king. I knew you were trying to hid it deep within yourself since it would hurt you to let her go." she smiled, a wicked smile, "you should know better."

"Do you really think that I would believe everything you said?" he raised his brows.

"I don't. However, I knew you believe me, just not everything." she replied.

He shook his head, clearly annoyed as every second passed by, "leave, before I call the guards on you, or kill you with my own hands."

"Go ahead." she smiled, "call them here or kill me, but I knew for sure you would not do that since that little Magnificent of yours brought back your heart."

His eyes darkened upon hearing her sarcasm. 

"Go. Now." he gritted his teeth.

"Or else what?" her nostrils flared from anger as well.

Quite abrupty, he took the sword from her hand, and pointed it towards her throat. "Or else I am going to kill you. Now."

She smirked. Not even a trace of fear written in her eyes. She took a step forward, her neck touched with the sharp end of the sword. She did not even flinch as the sword entered her flesh slightly. As for King Devilon, he did not let go of the sword nor back away a stride. He let the tip of the sword entered her flesh.

"You had not changed, King Devilon." she grimaced in disgust, "She did not change you."

She really knows how to put a guilt into a person, knowing so well that he would put the sword away since the pain is killing her. And she was right. He did put the sword down, guilt filled his eyes.

"she changed me." he nodded more like talking to himself.

"for better I hoped." again, sarcasm dripped off her lips again.

"You should leave." his voice was drained in stress and frustration.

"She will kill you for your throne." Bitterness left her lips.

I scoff at her comment. How dare she? 

"She will not." He looked so determined and confident.

"How do you know? You killed her brother, her beloved brother." she stared at him so hard.

His brows raised, confused by her sudden outburst, "How do YOU know all of this?"

She shrugged and smiled, "I know everything."

"Do you know her?" he asked clearly curious. He wanted to know whether this lady is related to me .

"More than you do." 

This answered his question blandly, I am incredibly sure that she knew what King Devilon meant but she knew that if she were to tell him that we were not related then he might never ever going to believe her.

"I am starting to doubt about you." he took a step forward, examined her, "you should leave before I kill you and I am no doubt that Magnificent will understand it."

"She is going to hate you if you do."

"Who are you to her that she will hate me?" 

She chuckled.

"As I had said earlier-"

"STOP!" he held up his hand.

"I won't leave." she gritted her teeth, "not now."

Quite abruptly, he brought the sword forward aimed for her heart.

"She will hate you for the rest of your lives when she know you poisioned King Antonio's tea."

"I- what?" he asked clearly confused, "I did not."

"YOU!" his eyes widened, "Don't tell me that you-"

"Yes, I did." she smiled, "I poisioned his tea. He drank it earlier and might as well now, dead." 

My breath caught in my throat.

"And I will tell her that you did it." she challenged him, 

"and she will kill you."

Just that blood splashed everywhere as the tip of the sword entered Rosemary's heart mercilessly.