F I F T E E N

There were silence and my heart was slamming in my ribcage so loud with every beat that I am afraid I wasn't the only one who heard it.

His lips turned into a smile, "Did I just say personal guard?" He shook his head, "I mean personal assistant."

I could feel relief washed over me, turning my gaze back to King Edwards, he was staring at me. No, did he see my expression a moment ago? If he did, I am so dead because he could've known Antonio lied. Looking back at him as calm as I could, I tried my best to show none expressions or emotions on my face. After what felt like hours, he nodded.

"A beautiful woman as a personal assistant, serving food and drinks?" He looked at Antonio, "such a waste because this beautiful woman can do more than just that." Antonio smile remained, but his eyes say otherwise. What does that even mean? Can do more than just that? What's up with the people in Emercidin? I was snapped out of my thoughts when Angelica decided to clear her throat. Now everyone attention's were on her, she gave them a very beautiful and fascinating smile, "What a coincidence that we're all in this garden together, so why don't we go for a walk together?" She suggested while looking at King Edwards, "what do you think your majesty?" He nodded, "excellent suggestion."

"I have to go back." I said looking at everyone, especially him. "Why?" King Edwards asked that brought everyone attentions. There were silence, until Angelica decided to speak up, "You never question a woman, your majesty." Angelica said, "This is the first time I witnessed." My eyes widened from the sudden speech, he questioned me since the first time we met, unexpectedly met. "She could've been someone special." Antonio said with his face as straight as ever and as for emotions or expressions, I saw none. I'm hurt, he's hurting me, saying those words to me. And if he didn't mean it, he never did have feelings for me. "I don't like to repeat myself, young lady." King Edwards said, "now answer me." My gaze still fixed at Antonio. "Because I have important duties to do." I replied. King Edwards laughs, "what's more important when the king said so." This brought me speechless. Kings are always right and that's what is wrong. Someday queens will rule the world, not kings. But every time I reminded myself that, my gaze turned to Antonio and I forgot everything again.

"How long are you going stand there?" A voice said to snapped me out of my own thoughts. I turned up to see everyone staring at me but not Antonio, and I knew the familiar voice, it was him.

I nodded and waited for everyone to step forward, but no one did and suddenly a hand grabbed on mine and pulled me to the front. "Follow me." King Edwards ordered. My eyebrows narrowed in confusion but I followed him anyway.

Throughout the whole walk, Father King Edwards kept on talking about how beautiful the garden is and sometimes I would steal a glimpse at Antonio but his eyes remained on Angelica who doesn't even know that she was being stared at. I couldn't help but felt my heart breaking. And at the same time, I thought to myself about how wrong my feelings are.

Revenge is the only thing I need to complete right now. For the sake of my kingdom, of my family, of my people, I shall not trust anyone.

"YOU KNOW WHY I FUCKING STARTED THE WAR BY MY FUCKING SELF?!!!" His screamed were loud and clear.

"BECAUSE OF YOUU!!" He screamed, "BECAUSE OF YOUU, MAGNIFICENT. I WANTED TO SEE YOU AGAIN AFTER THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU. I AMM NOTT SATISFIED!"

What he had said came to my mind, and I thought I was special, until realization hit me that the special woman in his heart is a beautiful woman in a navy blue dress that intertwined her fingers with his. Why would I trust him so quickly when he said he wanted to see me? I shouldn't trust him, he might try to trick me with his trap. He might want me to fall for him and then he could kill me. But half of me knew too well that if he wanted to kill me, he would have done it ages ago. Started a war just for wanting to see a woman, that is a very foolish thing he do. And why do I even trust his words?

Hours and hours had passed until King Edwards decided to speak up, "It had been great when you went for a walk after a while," he turned and faced Angelica. "Angelica, I want to talk to you about something." Angelica gave him a very wide smile that showed her white pearls teeth. "It is an honor." She turned to Antonio and smile. Just that they all step forward until I no longer see her presence.

Sigh escaped from my lips just as realization came through me that I am not alone. My eyes widened from the presence in front of me staring straight into my soul. We were about a meter apart and my heart slamming inside my rib cage, louder and louder each second.

"You seemed to be close with my father." A tint of jealousy mixed in his voice.

Close? Not even close.

I remained silence but that didn't stop him from questioning me even further.

"I knew my father so well that I knew he thought you are my mother at first glance." His voice sounded cold.

"You are messing with my father now, so stop it." He said, "stop your childish act, stop acting like my mother, don't let him fall for you."

Every words he said cut through me deeply. I want king Edwards to fall for me? That is a very ridiculous thing that could came out from his lips. I never want to and I never had the intentions of wanting to replace his mother.

"You." I stepped forward with angered written across my face, "You gave me the dress, your mother dress and her mask. You let me wear it because you knew I will meet your father and he will thought I am queen Elizabeth. You are the one who wanted him to mistaken me for your mother."

His eyes widened but it fade away the moment he started speaking, "I never do that. Yes I lend you my mother's dress but I did not know you meet my father at that same night."

My lips turned into an unwilling, fake smile "You did not question me about why I knew it is your mother dress."

"Because your smartness is the only thing that could let you know that it is my mother dress." He said.

I did not know if he act like he doesn't know I went to his mother secret place, or if he doesn't know for sure.

"Don't hang around with my father." Again, jealousy heard clearly in his voice.

"You know what? You are making me confused." I said, "someday you act like I am very special to you and someday, you and me are like strangers. Suddenly she came back and I am no longer your personal guard. And then jealousy heard clearly in your voice. I don't know how to feel about you anymore."

"I am still me, still Antonio you knew." He said taking a step forward and his gaze never left mine.

"What exactly do you want?" I asked him out of frustration.

"I want you."

The word left hanging in the air. I didn't know if he mean it or if he doesn't. All the thoughts I have from earlier didn't seem to matter anymore because right now, right at this moment, I could feel my stomach filled with butterflies. A spark of happiness within me but it all erased and gone when my plan came back to mind. Don't trust him.

"Revenge is the only answer, my dear."

My eyes were remained fixed at him with  different atmospheres all over us.

"But you have her." My voice came out jealously and I hate it.

"It didn't matter who I have, Magnificent." He said, "I want you is all it mattered."