T E N

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Times goes by so fast and everyone's eyes were on me. His gaze burned into the center of my palm and if it is on fire, I guess my whole hand would be burned into ashes. I could feel sweats formed on my pale palm.

With his thumb pressed down on the bloodstained, his gaze stared into my eyes intensely and said, "I found no proof, your majesty."

I tried to keep a straight face as possible but I guessed my eyes showed a little unexpected shock. Shock from the fact that he lied.

Father King Edwards laughed, "of course you found none."

King Antonio gave me a glance and walked out. And I breathed hard, I realize I've been holding my breath for ages.

"He tricked you." The old woman said in a low voice.

"Us. He tricked us." I corrected.

We both nodded and while the crowd attention's were no longer on us, we quickly and carefully leave the hallways.

"I think he knew." I whispered.

"I knew he knew." The old woman looked around her surroundings.

"What part does he knew?" I asked.

Once we reached her place, she looked around and once she knew we were safe, she locked the door.

"Things we don't know that he knew." She said, "but we have to be very careful."

I nodded.

"He should have known that my father came here to take me back to Ameragonia." I stated.

"He knew that, I suppose." She said.

"But why don't he tell his father?" I asked.

"Because father King Edwards doesn't know that his own son caught King Williams who's actually you." She replied, "but the truth is, his father didn't know that his own son went on a war. More like a secret war."

I shook my head in disbelief "no. How? I mean, so many people died because of the war and-"

"He started the war and he ended it himself." She cut me off, "he told his father that he went on a hunting activity with his knights and guards and he'll be back in a few days. But....within those few days that he's gone, father King Edwards entered his own room and found the queen laid dead with blood pouring out from her lips. She looked lifeless, she was poisoned."

No wonder he mentioned about his mother at the garden.

"Who poisoned the queen?" I asked.

"No one knows." She answered.

"But I still don't get it why King Antonio started the war himself? My country suffered so much." I said.

"No one knows why. And we aren't allow to ask either." The old woman said, "and perhaps.."

Her gaze travelled up and down my body and reached my face.

"Perhaps what?" I asked.

"Perhaps, the queen looked just like you." Old woman said, "when I saw your face, you reminded me of Queen Elizabeth."

"I looked like my mother." I reassured.

She smiled, "my darling, you do.. but compare to queen Elizabeth, you are more alike to her."

I was silence and then she continued, "I knew that within just a glance, he would already know you're a woman."

"But-" I was cut off.

"But." She said, "he might have other tricks so that's why he didn't reveal it yet. And I think he will reveal the truth about him and you at the right time. So my darling, you must be very careful."

I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by the sound of the open door.

"Guard. 686. King Antonio wanted to see you at this moment." A manly voice said from the door.

The old woman gave me a nod and I replied, "yes, sir."

When I can no longer hear any sound from the doorway, my gaze turned to the old woman with worries, "what should I do?"

She squeezed my shoulder and said, "Queens never been afraid of anything. If he wanted games, give him one."

I nodded.

***

The moment my feet stepped into his place, a pointed sword passes close to my ear and hit the wall straight.

I gulped.

"You're here?" He turned around and acknowledged me.

I nodded.

One step he took, a beat of my heart beat in denial.

"Tell me the truth." His gaze turned dark.

"There's no truth."

I wouldn't tell him the truth, everything. I came here to complete my revenge, I won't make anyone I've lost be disappointed of me. I came here to dragged him out from his throne.

His eyes turned cold and his gaze turned lifeless as he looked at me, "you have no idea who I am, do you?"

My lips turned into a smirk and as my gaze stared intensely into his dark eyes, I said " you are king of Emercidin, Antonio Davinsky."

He seemed to be taken back from what I've said, I guessed he didn't expect me to call him by his full name without his title.

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?" He said as he took a slight step closer.

"You are playing tricks with me, aren't you?" I said in the same tone as he did.

I raised my palm and let him see the bloodstained close and clear.

"Get straight to the point." He insisted.

"This is King Greg Anthony's blood." I said, "and you have a proof but you denied the fact that you have a proof."

"Greg Anthony came here to take you, King Williams." His voice deep, "and I knew that."

The old woman was wrong, he didn't know I am a woman. Yet.

I took a step forward, "you knew that?" I asked without needing an answer, "of course you knew, but why? Why aren't you telling the truth to your father?"

Silence was all I received.

"I knew why." I said, "because you started the war yourself."

You made my country suffered so much. You make me lose my love, not once, not twice but thrice and I will make sure to make you lose the one you love a thousand times.

"Truth hurts, but you know what's more hurt?" My lips turned into a cold smirk, "Missing the death of your own mother."