T W E N T Y N I N E

Right in front of me, the stained massive wall, was staring back at my blank eyes, or of eyes that would have not been blank if I was able to sleep these past few days.

I can't stop thinking about that honest truth.

Why would she told me and only me when my existence had only been several months here?

And is that going to change anything at all? Could I save my own life just by expressing the truth to him when I, myself, don't even know if she was telling the truth?

Somehow, I believed what she said was true, otherworldly true.

"Here!" A voice cut me off my thoughts.

One big looming figure came in and threw a basket of feast on the ground brutally.

What had caught my attention was a clinking sound that came from his waist. I looked closely, making sure he didn't notice it, I saw a pack of keys hanging off from a big hoop that hold all of them.

If only I could have that.....

********************************************

The sounds of the pendulum drummed into my ears aggressively as I waited for the perfect moment to arrive.

My eyes observingly followed his movement until he slowly fell asleep. The creaking sounds from the tiny chair due to his massive figure, were the only thing that needed to stop.

I slowly crawled towards the metal steels, closer to his figure. Extending my arm through the steels, I briefly trying to find the keys.

He moved slightly, snuggled closer to the side which made it even harder for me. Squeezing and extending my arm even more, I fidget my ways towards his pocket again.

Where is it?

By this time, sweats started forming all over my forehead like constellations. Please let me find it, please.

The pack of keys was nowhere to be found. After several attempts, I pulled my arm back feeling the discomfort in my shoulder.

As I was rubbing my sore shoulder, I noticed something sparkling located under the man's boot.

I quickly adverted my eyes all around trying to find something that could take it out of the man's foot.

The only thing that could work was the long vines that decorated the feast basket. I quickly untied it and tied the end into a large hoop securely. I threw it out through the metal steels, and it landed way further than I anticipated. So I tried again, this time it had landed perfectly closed to his boot, came in contact with the one of the key. I pulled it slowly making sure it made less sounds as possible. As it get closer to the cage, I quickly grasped it and puzzling my way to unlock the cage.

There are over a hundred keys and I only a small amount of time. Trying on every keys towards the lock shakily.

During some time, I took a peek at the man making sure he is oblivious.

After what felt like forever, the right key finally unlocked the lock. The door of the cage squeaked open and my eyes widened due to the surprising sound it made. Relief washed over me as the man was oblivious over the sound.

Thank god.

I quickly shut the cage's door and hide the key in my pocket. I tiptoed my ways throughout the walk in the hallways, it was quiet and the only thing that was loud was the beating sounds that my heart made.

I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know where I wanted to go, I knew I couldn't escape from here if I wanted to, but I knew I wanted to find something important before tomorrow's sunset, because after tomorrow's sunset, my execution will be held. I needed to save myself. I wanted revenge.

It was dark, but it was light enough to see. I passed by many places, only to be stopped at a very odd hidden place. I carefully sneaked in.

The smells of the dirt washed through me, indicating that it had been a very long time since they had clean or even enter this place. Slowly, I climbed down the faulty ladder and it was darker and darker but the small hole from the ceiling made it easier for the dim light to passed through.

Stack of boxes and used objects were located everywhere in this small area. I scanned over to see anything that might be important but who would put important informations here? Seemed like no one rarely came and visit this place. I looked around, opening boxes that mostly were empty. I continue my way towards the other side and simply they were the same kind of boxes that probably have nothing inside except for dirt.

Seemed like I can't find anything from here, there were mostly just old used furnitures and objects that were completely torn.

As I was about to climb back up, I don't feel the satisfaction. I felt like I had missed something important, something in my guts told me that there are more to this place than I had ever imagined.

So I turned around, there was this one torn box that was wrapped all over with tape and it was located below every other things.

What's in there?

I walked over and pulled it out. Dusted out some of the dust, I took one of the keys out and started cut away the tape with the pointed end of the key. I grasped the cover out and tore the remaining tape apart, revealed pieces of paper alongside with one envelope inside that box. The papers had been torn.

I held it carefully and spread it out flat onto the ground. There were words on the paper. What words could it possibly be?

So I tried to match the words and papers together like a puzzle piece.

"I knew what happened." It read.

So I opened the envelope, it was ripped at the brim. It was sealed but it looked like somebody had torn it open since it was not properly followed the sticky line. I slowly took the piece of paper out.

-Anonymous

It was written in calligraphy on top of the page. So I continued further down the page.

I know you killed Williams Dillionio.

Oh my god.

I dropped the paper in horror. My lips felt dry, my mind goes blank, I couldn't focus. My heart felt as if it had dropped down completely onto the cold hard ground. My hands were shaking uncontrollably, without knowing it, tears started streaming down my face.

My brother, my brother......I miss you so much.

Confusion displayed all over my mind. I was devastated. So many emotions filled within me. My heart ached so much, I felt sick all of a sudden.

Two different kingdoms, and yet this envelope was kept here in the Kingdom of Devilon.

Does that means Antonio isn't the one who killed my--

"Squeak."