T H I R T E E N

I stood still without a word, felt too much to even speak. His gaze stared into me unwillingly to break but I broke it instead. I turned around and the moment I stepped out of the entrance, he said "Meet me at the Masquerade ball tomorrow night as a woman."

When the entrance door closed, sigh escaped from my lips. I am so confused and sick and tired of this whole sacrifice thing.

Once I stepped into my room, a beautiful red gown laid down on my bed came to sight. My hands run through the gown and it looked stunning. Beautiful red and gold face mask laid down next to the gown. Just the dress itself, already looked so breathtaking. A note came to sight, "Meet me tomorrow in these, this is an order." I knew it was you, Antonio Davinsky. I could just defy him and not show up tomorrow evening but a part of me wanted to.

The opened door lead a figure appeared behind me. "The day I've been waiting for finally arrive." I turned to see the old woman warm smile. "I don't want to do this anymore, old woman. I'm just tired and I wanted to be the old me, the happy me." I sat on the bed, "my darling, you are happy. Once you've settle all these mess, you are the most happy person ever to exist on earth." She came and sat near me. I nodded, "and old woman? Do you have a name so I could call you by your name?" She smiled, "Rosemary, your majesty." I nodded, "Rosemary, you've taught me a lot." I smiled.

***

Stunning red gown weighed on my fragile body, revealing my bare back. Rosemary helped me put on my makeup, smoky gold eyeshadow and bold red lipstick. She put on a pair of long earrings onto my ear that really lifted everything up. No necklace, no bracelet, just earrings and I like that. I wore a pair of high gold heels and lastly my astonishing face mask. I looked into the mirror and smile plastered across my face, "Tonight, every man will want you and every woman will hate you." Rosemary said. "My dear, it's time. Let's go." She lead me to the hallways and when my eyes landed upon the crowded room, I suddenly felt nervous. Rosemary squeezed my hand and gave me a nod, "thank you." I whispered.

Just that she left with the crowd attention's on me. Everyone stopped in one place and their eyes all focused on me with admiration? Or so because Rosemary was right, some women looked at me with hateful eyes and some men looked at me with desire and lust, I am disgusted.

I avoid the eye contact, slowly and nervously roamed into the crowds. Ignoring all the attentions I've received, my eyes roamed around the room and finally landed on a very powerful man. He wasn't so hard to find because in a room full of people with different mask, he is the only person who doesn't wear any mask. When his eyes landed on me, his gaze travelled up until his eyes met mine, his lips curled up into a smile, a genuine smile. I couldn't help but to smile back. He walked towards me with the aura he had, powerful and yet confident. Once we are close enough, he bend down slightly and laid his palm out, with just a few words, I melted under his words, "Would you offer me this dance?" Gasped and chuckling came from the crowds. It wouldn't be hurt to dance with him, I wouldn't fall for him, it is not a part of my plan. So games must be played, I laid my delicate hand on his and did a very elegance curtsy that I haven't do for a while, a long while. Claps and cheers echoed through the room, he lead me to the dance floor and started twirling me around slowly before he captured me with his warm hands. My small delicate hands placed on top of his shoulder while his strong and warm hands went around my small waist. We dance slowly to the song and our eyes locked. It wasn't anything that is special but it was the melody we dance to in our own world. To the song, we dance slowly and we both never give anyone a second glance, just us two, dancing and staring. We dance and it felt like nothing had ever happen, the slapped I gave him could still be visible on his cheek slightly but if you doesn't pay enough attention, you won't know. We dance as if yesterday never happen, as if we aren't rivals, as if we doesn't fight, as if we doesn't lie, as if we doesn't care, as if we doesn't screamed and shouted at each other face not too long ago, as if he doesn't kill my loved ones, as if we are complete strangers with sparks and electrifying shivers, as if we were fated, and as if we were in love.