T H I R T Y

The squeaking sound of the door shocked me out of my thoughts. I quickly crawled over behind the tall boxes hoping I could be hidden from whoever came in here. Peeking through the small spaces of the boxes, I saw a figure slowly making its way visible into the dark room. Squinting my way through the small spaces, I had finally fused in the puzzles together. The figure in front of me, was the old lady with her bright turquoise pendant.

I was quite speechless. Why is she here? I thought she was a prisoner? Maybe the people released her because they found out the truth? But the biggest question was that......How did she escaped when the whole pack of keys was with me here?

A shadow loomed over the box that I was hiding at, I wasn't entirely scared, but confused was the word. Oh no, she was close, so close to seeing me. Without hesitation, I got up causing all of the boxes to be thrown harshly everywhere, this startled the old lady. Good.

I quickly ran out of the door while the old lady was oblivious of my existence. Careless to even shut the door, I fled through the quiet hallways. I halted immediately as I spotted a shadow behind those halls. So I looked around, scanning for a safe place to hide. My eyes adverted over at the marvelous living room. I was hooked at how richly-decorated this room is.

Two enormous golden chandeliers hanged from the stainless white ceiling; spotless White massive walls stood tall all over the four corners; very prominent furnitures with exquisite designs as well as gilded details. I was mesmerized by the beauty of this.

As far I knew, my legs had already made its arrival onto one of the large sofas. I was very tempted to sit on it but before I had knew, my eyes spotted a piece of torn paper hanged loosely from the end of the massive table. So I reached for it. I turned it over and was met with a drawing. A very skeptical and detailed drawing. It almost occurred to me as a map. A map for battlefield. But the drawing wasn't complete, and even so, some parts were erased or just not visible enough for my eyes to adjust. The drawing looked familiar to me. It almost like I had seen it somewhere.

I folded the piece of paper tightly onto my palm and I decided to continue my way back to somewhere that might be safer than here. I made my way forward towards one of the rooms. It was still dark outside. I had reached an enormous astonishing designed door.

I had my keys with me now.

Should I ?

If I had the guts to escaped that hell of a cage, then opening this door is nothing. I might as well found some important informations that I needed.

My palm squeezed tightly onto the knob of the door.

This is it.

As I bend down the knob, it was locked. Stupid of me to even thought that it was not locked. So I fished over the pack of keys in my pocket. Every key looked almost exactly the same, no numbers, no code. So I tried randomly.

One key. It did not fit.

Second key. It did not fit.

Third. Obviously it did not--

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" The pack of keys from my palm dropped down onto the ground as the voice startled me.

I turned to see one tall and broad figure running towards me.

Oh shit.

Shakily, I bend down and picked the pack of keys. The figure was so close, I was running, not knowing where I was supposed to be, but I was running, away from that figure.

Oh no, what met my pair of eyes was one blank wall and next to it was a door that lead to an unfamiliar room. I quickly squeezed open the door, it was locked.

Again, shakily I fished over each keys trying to insert it in. Nothing works, I even dropped a couple of keys on the ground. Suddenly a hand placed on my shoulder and with sudden movement I was pushed onto the cold hard ground.

With my martial arts skill, I quickly and quite abruptly back kicked the man with the most force I could possibly can which was not much since I wasn't fed well. This startled the man with his armor suit. With this opportunity, I backed away from him, I grabbed a golden sword from his scabbard and pointed at him. This is does not scare him. We fought with his sword on my hand and he was bare hands. His martial arts skill was extremely good since I couldn't beat him with my extra weapon.

Unbelievably, my sword pointed sharply into the man's armor suit, his shoulder. He halted immediately and backed away grabbing his shoulder. We fought for quite a short period of time until I sensed that his shoulder is killing him so I kicked him in the stomach to stop the fighting.

I quickly ran to the door while he is trying to recover. I insert the keys again. Trial and error was the only option that I have right now. I turned to see the man trying to get up.

"Quickly!! Quickly!!" I ruffled over the keys trying, God knew I was trying, to find the right key. I should not get caught. Not by this man.

"St-op" I could hear the man trying to speak through his pain.

Each key was tested while I could feel his presence behind me. Go! I immediately opened the door as I unlocked it with the right key.

As I got in, I harshly shut the door and locked it. Bumps and knocks were heard loudly. I could feel a bit of relief but I don't know when will it lasts. I turned and saw a decoration of an office, with occupied shelves all over. I walked over the desk and scanned over the paper on the desk. I turned to look at the shelves, each book and paper was full of words that seemed like code. It wasn't exactly words, it was random letters formed as unknown words.

The knocks suddenly became quiet.

I opened the drawers and to my surprise, it wasn't locked. Immediately, I saw the same exact drawing like I did before, the same battlefield drawing, but this one was exacted and filled.

My heart almost flew from my chest as I heard more aggressive knocks on the door.

"OPEN!!" A loud familiar voice called.

I was silenced.

"Your majesty, she would not open." I heard the same voice complained.

Your majesty?

I heard different voices spoke and I knew there are more than two people out there.

"What should we do King Devilon?" A voice asked.

King Devilon?

Suddenly the door started shaking as if somebody had bumped into it. Oh shit, they were going to break in.

I immediately folded the paper into my pocket shakily but halted at my actions when a hand covered my mouth tightly I couldn't utter word.

"Be quiet." My eyes widened as I recognized this voice.