T H I R T Y T W O

This caught me off guard, completely off guard. I could feel the tension in the air as well as how tense it is with his arm around me. But for now, the sword that was on my neck, was pointed straight close to King Antonio Davinsky's throat.

While his other arm wrapped around me tightly, he said, "A woman like her loves to see a man like you suffer, deeply."

King Antonio's grip on the sword tightened. While his sword still pointed at King Devilon, he said, "What proof do you have King Devilon when only you were just a king who never interact with other kingdoms?" He breathed, "What claim do you have?"

King Devilon laughed, "Do you really think a woman like her would settle down peacefully after she knew what you did to her kingdom?"

My heart slammed so fast. This is how intelligent he is. He knew since the beginning. He knew that I was a queen. A queen who probably came to the rival's castle just to avenge for her people. So he knew all along.

"I had explained to her everything, it had nothing to do with me." King Antonio gritted.

Right.

You did.

But I don't believe you.

I never do.

Not even once.

"Liar!" King Devilon claimed, "On that night, that very night, Antonio, you were there. I saw you. You were there and...."

He stopped. King Devilon stopped. He ended mid-sentence.

What did King Antonio do?

And as intimidating as that last line was, I still caught that King Devilon addressed King Antonio informally, he never do that.

What connection do they have ?

"And what Devilon?" King Antonio challenged, " what did I actually do? You, yourself, knew incredibly well of what you did to him."

That informal talk, and the way he addressed King Devilon Arisen. But I would never, ever, missed that last person that he mentioned.

Him.

As much as my thoughts curiously thought about it, I can't help but to think that, that person that he mentioned was very, I meant very close with them and me.

Was it my brother that they were talking about?

Rosemary used to tell me that King Antonio and my brother had some sort of connection.

But King Devilon?

I had never heard my brother nor my family talk about him.

All I heard was from the maids and servants and the people whispering about how King Devilon's intimidating actions affected them.

From what felt like eternity, King Antonio Davinsky's eyes turned to me, acknowledged my presence, "Magnificent, now that you know that you belonged in the Kingdom of Emercidin as my father's queen, why don't you do us one simple favor?"

I loathed at the fact that he addressed me so informally, my past self would love it but I don't think I could say the same for now.

"What are you trying to do?" King Devilon asked.

But King Antonio's eyes settled down stilled on me waiting for my response.

"Do you want to come back to our kingdom?" King Antonio asked with such sincerity in his eyes and yet there was a tingle of smirk at the corner of his lips. I am beginning to doubt about his honesty.