F O R T Y S I X

I remembered such delightful memories as my fingers brushed against the glittery gold mask that belonged to King Antonio's mother. I had it with me since the last time I worn it, it had stayed hidden in my old dress for years. Although this does not belong to me, I still kept it despite the painful memories in them. Tears flowed down my eyes once again, I can't seemed to let him go. As much as I wanted him dead, it still pained me so much to know it. I tried to hold my cries in, but holding onto it made it even harder to breathe. I don't want people to hear me nor see me like this, but the truth is, I don't want myself to be like this. 

A slight knock invaded my door, I quickly straightened up and wiped my tears away. I hid the gold mask away and walked towards the door. Opening it, revealed the familiar eyes of Rosemary, "I have something to say."

Of course, you always have something to say. I nodded letting her inside. I watched as she sat down on my bed comfortably. I stood, more like leaning onto the massive door, watching her.

"So-" her smile so wide, I thought it would hurt her cheeks, "are you ready?"

I nodded. Am I ready? 

"I think you deserve to know this," she explained, "on that night, the night when you came to visit me the second time, and I was not there, I managed to escape. "

Thoughts from the last time incident came back, I was overwhelmed with so many things that I had completely forgotten about it.

 "by yourself?" I asked.

"No." she smiled, "by Angelica."

I could not hide the shock on my face.  Angelica? 

"I am incredibly sure that she blamed it all on you since both of us were gone at the same time." 

Right. My mind immediately remembered the dream I had dreamt of weeks ago.

"Antonio... please tell me that you did not let go of Rosemary..." Angelica asked softly.

"Not now, but I will soon." He spoke rather cold towards Angelica.

"What do you mean?" Angelica big blue eyes slowly widened, "this evening, I decided to take a visit, but I did not see her there, she was nowhere to be found inside the dungeon. What do you mean you did not yet let go of her."

Confusion written in his pair of blue eyes, but soon replaced with frustration, "stop Angelica. Don't talk anymore bullshit. I am tired of you and you don't have any business to visit her. You and her are no relatives."

"No...no....she was not there...she was gone. I think somebody took her away." She clung onto his arm tight, "it might be Magnificent... she probably take Rosemary away..."

"And you know what is even crazier?" mischievious played in her eyes, "Angelica is here right now, in King Devilon's room."

My eyes widened noticably. I was clearly shock but mostly confused. Why is she here? Is she here alone?

"Why?" I kept it sound indifferent and cold, not wanting her to know that it affected me.

"I don't know too." she shrugged, "she probably come and visit him since they are old lovers after all."

old lovers

I nodded not knowing what else to say. We stayed there in my room for another hour or so until she decided to speak up, "Don't lose your determination after this, she is the past, you are the future, you determined what he wants and he wants you, and you-" she smiled at me, "you want Ameragonia back."

Before she left out of the door, she reminded me, "Go visit him. Now"

I watched as her graceful features slowly left the room, leaving me behind as confused as ever.

***

Taking a deep breath, I slowly opened the door. My eyes automatically met with a pair of bright blue ones of Angelica. Her smile so wide, so fake, I thought it would stuck there. My eyes then adverted towards the dark silver ones, he gave me a small smile but I could not return one back.

So he was awake. All those days, I thought of talking to him and tell him the little things that he had missed, to be the first one to witness his rose, and now I can't even hide my disappointment in him. Why do I feel like this?

I should not get in. My heart will flipped out and I will messed up everything. 

Almost suddenly, I spoke, "I did not mean to-" I cleared my throat, "I'll go."

Without waiting for any word of agreement, I quickly shut the door. Never had I ever have my heart beat so fast before. I knew for a fact it is not of jealousy but of the feelings of being replaced. 

Without knowing, I bumped into a rigid chest, awaken the startle within me. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I had not noticed the person standing in front of me. Towering down over my small frame, he managed to grip my chin, forcing me to look at him, into his crystal blue eyes.

I was wrong.

Last night was not the last time that I saw him, alive. 

Standing here in front of me, in his black and gold suit, eyes as lively as ever, staring down at me with a small geniune smile.

"Why don't you go inside?" 

I shook my head, telling him to drop the subject and leave me alone. Trapped in between his arms, he said, "come, I have something to show you."

Show me? This is not Emercidin. However it did not surprise me because they are old friends, therefore they knew every corners of this place better than anyone.

His hand felt so warm against mine. After a couple of running, we had reached the top of Devilonio kingdom. Wide landscapes filled the view, it was quite cold since it is almost snowing season. 

"Have you ever been here before?" his eyes were dancing with curiosity.

"No." I replied, "I had never come to the top of this castle before."

Satisfaction formed a smile on his lips, "I am glad that I am the first one to witness it."

I bit my cheeks so hard refraining me from smilling and I succeed.

We continued standing there for another hour or so until a voice from below shouted, "HEY! What are you doing?!"

"Quick" he pulled me down onto the ground. 

"What are-" he placed a finger on my lips, "Shh...this is a forbidden area, nobody is allowed here."

"WHAT!?" 

"SHH..." he whispered, "I am serious."

Suddenly, we began laughing, as quiet as we can. Why is the King of Emercidin hid down to avoid being caught trespassing ? Isn't he the king? I am incredibly sure that just ONE word, nobody could say anything. But I know that he only did this to make me happy, to make me laugh.

I was so caught up with my thoughts again only to realized that his thumb was slowly grazing my lips. His eyes were on them. Due to this undeniably small space and odd position we were in, my heart still managed to find its way beating so fast.

"He might kill me after this," his lips were so close to mine, "and it will be all worth it."

Just that, he closed the distance between us, awaken the electrifying sparks around me.