F I F T Y

I had been sitting through this silence for several minutes and I am not planning to break it any time soon. I watched he stared at his fidgetting fingers stressfully: his shoulders stooped; his forhead wrinkled slightly; his eyes blinked continuously. I waited because I, myself, was not ready to hear him too. 

"I-" He broke off the silence, "I am sorry that I killed your aunt." 

Blunt and straight, my mind was filled with confusion. The last person he killed was Rosemary, and she was surely not my aunt. 

I watched as he stared at my confuse-looking pair of eyes. "Again, it might be a surprise to you but I am truly sorry for what I had done."

Still, no words left mine as I continued on staring at him confusingly.

"Please say something...." he tried to search for my eyes and I gave him.

"What did she do?" I asked, "to you?"

He took a deep breath and eyes set hard on mine, "she...she wanted to make you hate me by accusing me of killing Antonio, which I did not."

The moment he mentioned his name, I could hear pain in them and this caused my heart to sunk deeper in my chest.

"Please believe me..." he grabbed my hands and squeezed them tight, "I did not want to do it, I did not know who she is but the moment she mentioned that she poisoned Antonio's tea, I had to do something, I had to kill her."

No, don't lie to me King Devilon, you only killed her when you heard that she was going to accused you of something you did not do and you don't want her to succeed. Don't lie to me and said that you did this because of King Antonio. 

"So..." I raised my brow, "are you saying that if you were to know that this woman is my aunt, you will not kill her?"

"I will be hesitant to kill her."

"That does not answer my question."

He stayed silent. Either way, I knew he would kill her since he was a selfish man.

However, all this I don't want to know, all I want to know was how did he come to conclusion that she was my aunt.

"The woman you were talking about is Rosemary," I told him, "and she is not my aunt."

This caused his eyes to widened and brows to furrowed.

"but she knows you?"

"Everybody knows me, but she knows me the most. We are not related, but I knew her for a long time, years ago. She helped me a lot, basically, my right hand."

"I am sorry, I did not mean to make you lost your very helpful person."

"She was definitely helpful, but I am not sorry for her lost. She was my right hand but I don't need my right hand, I am a left-handed person therefore, her existence and absence will not harm me in any ways."  

I watched as he let the words sunk in.

"How did you know that the woman I am talking about is Rosemary?"

I chuckled dryly, "Oh, that. I saw it. I saw the sharp end pointed through her heart."

He stared at me as if he had not expected those words to came out of my mouth. 

I know I sounded wicked and evil, but maybe that is who I am, from now on.

"So....who told you that she was aunt." I questioned him.

He hesitate for a bit. "Angelica."

My face stayed straight. I am not surprise but I am incredibly sorry for her loss.

"Rosemary is Angelica's aunt. BIOLOGICAL aunt." I did not leave any room for him to talk, "Angelica don't like Rosemary because she thinks that her aunt is trying to take her away from King Antonio because Rosemary disliked him-obvious enough since she poisoned his tea and furthermore, I don't know the reason behind it- but you know Angelica, she hated me through the gut." I lied through some parts.

I watched as he nodded slighly confused but he covered it up soon after.

After a while of silence, he got ahold of my hands again, "so you are not angry at what I did?"

"Absolutely not." and that's true.

He pulled me closer to his chest and rubbed circles round my forearm. I felt so comforting but at the same time, I can't help but to feel extreme anger towards him. Maybe it was because I knew so well that he did not truly believe me; maybe it was because he treated me so good that made me doubt about my own revenge. Two out of three people that I needed gone were all dead and you can surely guessed who's my third and final person.

We spent the whole day decorating the kingdom in black and white with fabrics hanging around every corners, mourning for King Antonio. Tomorrow is the day of the funeral ceremony and plans invaded in my thoughts. Many powerful guests will be attending this ceremony and I knew I will meet Father King Edwards. I needed a huge favor from him and I am incredibly sure that he will give it to me.

Ameragonia, I will have you back, greater as ever and to my most beloved parents and brother, I am very close to avenge for you guys. I am very close to succeeding it. I am determined to work alone and succeed alone. Now that King Antonio is gone, the last person that I needed to be gone too is the most powerful man that laid on top of me.