N I N E T E E N

"No." Frightened and confused were all I felt right at this moment. Why is everything so complicated? All I want was to succeed my revenge and difficulties came along the road. I am inarticulate for anything at the moment. Oh god, how I wish this all was just a dream. No, a nightmare.

"How could you say no to such a king?" He became frantically to even look at.

"I-I-I...I" I am in loss for words and how I hope Antonio would be opening the door at this moment. How stupid I am to even think he would help me out of this mess when he couldn't even help himself out of his marriage. How could he marry Angelica when he doesn't even love her no more? How stupid I am to even trust him?

A sudden grip gripped on my wrist and pulled me towards the dangerous king Edwards.

"Any woman would kill to marry such a king. Be my woman and you'll have everything you want. Jewelries, clothes, accessories, fucking anything a woman's wants." His hand caressed down my cheek and I wanted to gagged at his words.

I want your son. Isn't that too much to ask for?

I shook the thoughts away and my gaze turned to his majesty, severely "Any woman would kill to be with you, but I wouldn't."

He raised his brow, smirk turned up from the corner of his lips, "Or do you need to be titled as a queen and not a King's woman."

I tried to unleash from his gripped but failed miserably multiple times. His grinned became wider once he saw my struggling self.

"Answer me, Lady May." His voice makes me wanted to slap the living hell out of him. I don't need to be his queen or his fucking woman.

I glared at him and then I laughed, "I don't want to be married to such a king like you."

I finished it off, "A foolish king like you."

His eyebrows narrowed in confusion and suddenly without knowing, his gripped loosen and by chance, I escaped from him but too late, he grabbed on my wrist even tighter than I could ever imagine. I could feel my bone twisting together. Try not to show him my pain, I let my back faced him.

"Why won't you marry me?"

Because I don't love you. Because I am not just an ordinary woman. Because if you found out I am a queen of Ameragonia, your rival country, I don't think my planned would still going. Because I need to succeed my revenge. Because I don't want to be married to an old man who is the father of the man I love.

"Do you have feelings for another man?" He asked, "if so, why can't you tell me?"

Yes, I do have feelings for another man. I can't tell you because the man I love is your son.

"I don't have any feelings for any man, and particularly no ones at all." I lied. "I just don't want to think about marriage right now and especially I am just a lady with no title here and I am just a working servant."

"You are more than a working servant." He said.

I know.

"I just don't want to be married to you." I sounded rude but that's how it works.

"Do you judged me because of my age?" I could feel he spoke through gritted teeth, "I looks younger than anyone else that's my age."

I just wanted to turned around and slapped the hell out of him when what he had said was true. He is in his forties and yet he looks young for his age. He is a good-looking man, apparently Antonio looked like him but something about Antonio is different.

Or not.

"You are too full of yourself." I told him.

Suddenly, I could feel hands wrapped around my waist and a voice spoke through my hair, "May.."