E I G H T E E N

"What did you say?" Rosemary asked me with curiosity in her eyes.

"I didn't say anything." I answered.

"You stayed silent?"

I nodded and this causes her to make a disappointed sigh and with her hand on her forehead, she said "You should've told Father king Edwards that you are not attracted nor interested in king Antonio. And you stayed silent?!"

"Well I didn't say yes." I raised my brow.

"Well darling, he might think otherwise" Rosemary shook her head.

A loud knock came to the door and a voice had been heard "Miss May, I was told to inform you to meet our father King right now. Thank you."

As voices had no longer been heard, my eyebrow narrowed in confusion "Miss May? You named me that?"

Rosemary smiled "Yes, your majesty. And you are known as Miss May in the kingdom right now and no one will know your name." Her eyes gone dark, "except Antonio."

I nodded.

"Well darling, go right now and seduce him." She pushed me to the door and gave me a winked.

"Well I am about as seductive as a cabbage." I mumbled to myself hoping no one hears it.

As I walked through the hallways of the palace, I spotted two familiar suits, I came to a halt to know that King Edwards and King Antonio were arguing.

They gave me a glance and king Edwards said in a very threatening voice "Your marriage had been set." Just that he walked off.

I glanced at Antonio to see he was looking at me coldly. My heart beating so fast to know that the man I like stood in front of me but at the same time, the man that I like will be marrying a perfect woman for him, and that woman isn't me. I didn't feel like crying but I knew something wasn't right either. I felt blankly odd. We just stood there staring into each other eyes, and what felt like eternity, I broke off the contact. As I passed him, we both speak at the same time.

He said "I'm sorry."

I said "Congratulations ."

As I stepped forward, each step I took, each pieces of my heart is breaking. But I didn't cry, I felt sad, but I don't want to cry. So I just put on a brave face on and making my way towards Father King Edwards place. I've been to his place frequently that I could close my eyes and could also know the way. I didn't want to go there but king Edwards would always order me there and sometimes I would even questioned myself why did I even listen to him. We became close, more like he thought we became close but I knew so well that we don't. Let out a sigh, I knocked on the door, "come in." A voice echoed through the door. I gripped on the handle and pressed it open. As my sight reached him, he looked beyond stressed and just frustrated. I looked over to see a beautiful gown hanged just above his desk. A shiny silver sparkly gown came to my view.

"Can you try this on?" I was snapped back to reality when King Edwards stepped out and reached the gown to me. I shook my head. "Please, just one time." His voice broke at the end and my eyes widened when the king of the whole kingdom said 'please'. I would refuse and said no, but my big heart can't. So I took the gown from him.

Heavy and sparkly silver bling weighed on my body. I couldn't take my eyes off how beautiful this gown is and so did him. His gaze traveled from my gown to my eyes.

 His gaze traveled from my gown to my eyes

"You really looked like Eli." He whispered.

He sighed and with his back faced me, "Today is the anniversary of Eli and I."

I nodded even if he didn't see it.

"It was so sudden when she decided to just leave me. Without a word, without a sound, the next day I found the other side of my bed empty." He breathed.

"She'll be in heaven protecting you." I whispered.

His shoulder stiffened, "darling, how could she be in heaven when she is alive."

My eyes widened in shock.

"He started the war and he ended it himself." She cut me off, "he told his father that he went on a hunting activity with his knights and guards and he'll be back in a few days. But....within those few days that he's gone, father King Edwards entered his own room and found the queen laid dead with blood pouring out from her lips. She looked lifeless, she was poisoned."

No wonder he mentioned about his mother at the garden.

"Who poisoned the queen?" I asked.

"No one knows." She answered.

"The queen is still alive?" I asked, "she did not get poisoned?"

King Edwards turned around and his brows raised in confusion, "WHO TOLD YOU SHE WAS POISONED?"

My hands trembling in fear, what is happening right now? Didn't Rosemary say that Elizabeth was poisoned and when I mentioned about missing his mother's death to Antonio, he looked pissed and I did not expect it to be turned out that Elizabeth did not die, she just left them, but she is still alive. Did Rosemary lie? Why did she lie? Will it bring her any good? And she told me to seduce him? Oh god, don't tell me she wanted me to be Elizabeth and be king Edwards right hand.

"I-I-I-just-uh-I" I stuttered through the words and later his eyes turned back to soft.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that you are new here." He said.

I slowly nodded and felt a relief came through me.

He shook his head, mostly to clear his thoughts. With his hand stretched out and knees slightly bended, he said "Would you offer me this dance."

"Would you offer me this dance?" Gasped and chuckling came from the crowds. It wouldn't be hurt to dance with him, I wouldn't fall for him, it is not a part of my plan. So games must be played, I laid my delicate hand on his and did a very elegance curtsy that I haven't do for a while, a long while. Claps and cheers echoed through the room, he lead me to the dance floor and started twirling me around slowly before he captured me with his warm hands. My small delicate hands placed on top of his shoulder while his strong and warm hands went around my small waist. We dance slowly to the song and our eyes locked. It wasn't anything that is special but it was the melody we dance to in our own world. To the song, we dance slowly and we both never give anyone a second glance, just us two, dancing and staring. We dance and it felt like nothing had ever happen, the slapped I gave him could still be visible on his cheek slightly but if you doesn't pay enough attention, you won't know. We dance as if yesterday never happen, as if we aren't rivals, as if we doesn't fight, as if we doesn't lie, as if we doesn't care, as if we doesn't screamed and shouted at each other face not too long ago, as if he doesn't kill my loved ones, as if we are complete strangers with sparks and electrifying shivers, as if we were fated, and as if we were in love.

"If I have to ask for one thing from you, will you approve it?" A voice said to snapped me out of my thoughts, more like memorable moments.

We move slowly to the sound of our heartbeats.

"I can't say." I replied.

"Antonio didn't accept his marriage to be this early, so I've decided..." Father king Edwards said.

Just hearing the mention of Antonio's, send chills to my spine. Ignored the sudden feelings, I focused on what Father king Edwards going to say.

"I've decided that you are my bride."

"What are you talking about?" I back away from him in a safe distance due to the sudden speech.

He clears his throat, "I'm marrying you May, and you have to accept this marriage, it is an order."

Sweats came out from my palms and I felt lost.

Completely

Fucking

Lost.