T H I R T Y S E V E N

Before I could protest any further, an unusual medicinal smell invaded my nostrils making me lost all of my consciousness. As my eyes slowly closed, a familiar looking-face came into view.

I opened my eyes reluctantly to the super bright lights passing into my irises.

Where am I ?

The scenery seemed familiar but I could not get a hold of my surroundings. Then it hit me- the incident last night- I was supposed to tell Rosemary something very important but then I was drugged halfway there and fell into a long slumber. Panic started to arise within me. I looked around hoping to at least familiarize the place.

The place was very captivating: artistic walls; massive carved door; monumental crystal chandelier and paintings. I was loss for words. Then I had realized that I was sitting on a very large bed that does not belong to me. I quickly got off and horrifically, walked towards the massive door. Shakily, I held onto the door handle. As I was about to open it, the massive door yanked open to the other side. I felt as if my heart jumped out of my chest due to the sudden startle.

"I can see that you are awake now."

The familiar dark and tempting voice caught me off guard and completely stilled in my position. I was afraid that if I were to look up, I'd probably see the last person I wanted to be in the same room with. Although my heart beat so fast at the source of the voice, I really wished that it's not him. Ignoring the hectic butterflies in my stomach, I slowly looked up. The familiar silver eyes stared into my brown ones so long with....longing? I could not afford to look away because if I do, then I might not see this kind of look from him anymore. We stood there staring at each other without uttering a word. Surprisingly, he took a step closer, we were so close that if I were to move a bit, our skin would touch. His silver orbs locked onto mine still.

"Do you miss me, Magnificent?" Liquid gold poured out off his lips, making me shivered slightly.

I don't have to say a word in order for him to know my answer to this question. He knew. Leaning further, he closed the distance between us. This is the second time that we kissed and it was even better than the first. I could tell that he missed me too if not, even more. The next thing I did, does not only surprised him, but also surprised myself as well: I pulled away from him. I could not wait any longer, I wanted to know why he brought me here. I kept a safe distance between us. His pair of silver eyes were written with confusion.

"I—I want to know why you brought me back here." Finally, I could say the words that I wanted to ask him.

The corner of his lips slowly titled into a slight smirk. "There's no reason, Magnificent. I wanted you back."

It would be a lie if I said that I don't feel anything. The pace of my beating heart that slowly decreases came back again.

"Do you want to be here?" His pair of curious eyes melted my heart.

I could not contain my smile at the moment, at the powerful man in front of me that looked so lost and hopeful. And not just any man, but the most ruthless King on earth. The furrowed brows of his slowly loosen as he saw the tiny smile on my lips.

He walked towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist. My eyes set hard on him. He's changed. The most ruthless man I used to know, was now a very tender man in my eyes.

"I am certain that they will come to take you back." He broke the silence, "but this time, I will not allow you to go even when you refuse to stay."

They won't come to take me back, King Devilon. They wanted me leave because I was a rebel, they knew my intention. But I— I wanted to stay to accomplish my plan.

After hours of silence, I fell asleep onto the arms of the man who I used to despise so much.

*************************************************

I woke up to other side of the bed shifted slightly. My pair of brown eyes were met with the tantalizing silver ones, they were staring at me with adoration. He was watching me sleep the whole time. I watched as his lips formed into a genuine smile that I had never seen from him before.

Why are you acting so different, King Devilon?

I quickly sat up ignoring the tension between us. My wrist was then held by his large warm hand pulling me closer to him until I fell onto his lap. With his eyes lost into mine and our nose touched, his fingers slowly circling my forearm sending goosebumps up my spine.

Why am I feeling this way towards the man who killed my beloved brother?

I attempted to move away from him but failed miserably several times.

With his huge frame on top of mine, he kissed the most innocent part of my face: my forehead. Trying so hard to ignore the tingling sensation I felt in my stomach, I dared to stare back at him as equally attentive.

"You are so beautiful." He whispered as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. My face was probably crimsoned red by now.

"I am going to shower now." He got off me and walked out into the bathroom leaving me all flustered and lost.

What have you done to me?

I walked out of the room and was met with the familiar hallways. Everything looked the same. Then, a light flickers in the pocket of my dress. Quickly I took it out. There it was: the same old turquoise heart pendant that belonged to the biological mother of King Devilon.

Suddenly, the same old promise that I had kept with me before her death came back to my mind.

"I promised that I will save him from the misery."

And then I realized the promise that I had kept after my brother's death.

"I promised I will avenge for you, brother."

How am I supposed to save the man who killed my brother?

How am I supposed to save him?

Then I was cut off due to the delicious smell coming out from what seemed to be the kitchen. I was met with countless of maids walking in a very fast pace and not dare to look up at any second. I was holding myself so hard as I saw the familiar brunette hair in the same old updos. She looked just the same as I remembered—bold and fierce. My skin churned with disgust as I remembered her unbearable way of torturing people. She was a devil herself—just like her son.

She might have noticed my presence but mistook it for somebody else, "I told you to get me the tray. What took so long?" Her challenging and scary voice was filled with mischievous. That poor soul probably will be in so much trouble as she came back.

I guessed the silence angered her even more. She furiously turned around and the anger within her changed into confusion and disgust. She glared at me up and down with so many thoughts rushing in her mind that I thought that it might probably explode her head if she continue on adding more.

A small challenging smile played on my lips.

"Mother."

Her lips curled into disgust.

"Disgrace."