1

A D O N I S

I've been to Heaven once. 

2 years and 47 days ago I entered the place I was forbidden from being. The place I was banished from. I entered through the gates that made them feel protected, the gates that were supposed to keep me from entering, I ripped those gates apart.

I can still see it in my head. The 207 angels that laid dead, covered in their blood, while it also covered me. Splattered against my face like a constellation of stars. I took their souls, I absorbed them, I felt the purity of their hearts turn dark as I took them. I wiped the blood off my face as if it were sweat.

That was supposed to be the end of it. But they weren't all there. 

Obsidian walls, I walk through the hallway, I can feel the heat from the flames in the distance. The two guards walk behind me, escorting me, to where I had been summoned. 

When I enter the room, the King and Queen stand. This room is hotter than the others. I walk before them, and kneel down against the red ground, bowing my head as a sign of respect. If you did not do it for the King, you would lose it. 

"Stand," the King says. I stand to my full height over the sound of crackling flames. 

"What have you called me here for?" I question as I look up at the King and Queen who sit on the thrones. 

The king sits while holding his sword, crafted from ruby, matching the shade of his crown.

"We have finally located them, Adonis," he tells me, his voice old and strained. "Where they are hiding."

My head tilts. I question if I heard him right, maybe the travel from Earth to Hell has distorted my hearing. I question, "Where?"

"At the supernatural academy," he says. He can see that I'm about to say that's not true, that's wrong, I spent a year there and found nothing. "They are hiding there, Adonis. They are portraying themselves as fairies, witches, anything besides what they truly are."

I didn't want to return there. But I knew that I had to. Until every Angel is dead, the demons who have been cursed to remain in Hell cannot be free. They are trapped down here. Angels are not nobel, nor godly, but deceptive. They claim that they do what is right yet they banish you to Hell if you do not comply. I am not wrong, or evil, or immoral. I am simply doing what is right for my people. 

Demons, just like me.

"I know you do not want to return there, Adonis," my father says, the amount of heat causing him to look distorted for a moment. "But, as you are second to the throne, you must do what is necessary." 

Azriel. My brother. He is in line before me to become king, as he is older. But he is not as smart as me, not as deceptive, I believe he would be found out as a demon if he stepped foot in that place. 

"I will do what is necessary," I say with no sympathy. I do not feel bad for the angels I will find and kill. They are good at hiding, I did not detect a single one my first year there, I know it will be challenging. 

They deserve this. It's karma. Gabriel - I wish he had been there two years ago to get slaughtered at my hands. Hundreds of years ago, he banished those with hearts he deemed as not pure enough to Hell, cursing them to be unable to leave the underworld. I can. Very few can.

I will kill each and every last angel, as well as anybody that gets in my way.

𓆩♡𓆪

The corridors, those who walk past me stare, nobody thought I would return, and neither did I. Everything looks the same, the dark walls, the chandeliers above, the whispers about me that I know have never ended.