6

A D O N I S

Although I am a demon, I don't believe I act wrongfully.

My actions, they aren't because I want to be evil. I believe that what I'm doing is right. I believe that any other species would do the same thing that I'm doing but call demons evil for it. Demons are the strongest, the most rational, that's why we should lead. 

I sit outside on a stone bench. It's a cloudy day. The vampires I sit with talk about things I don't care about, Stella tries to get my attention, but I don't focus on what she says as my eyes catch sight of familiar silver bracelets and long hair.

Across the yard, Valeria stands with a few of her friends. She wears a short skirt with a black top, a few small braids in her wavy hair. My eyes lower as a guy approaches her.

"Hey, will you witches stop standing here?" the guy, a werewolf, asks a bit angrily. "We're gonna play some football."

Wolves have the worst temper.

"Go play over there," Valeria says, I thought she was pointing to more grass, but I look and see her pointing at the bathrooms.

"You aren't funny. Move your coven out of the way," the wolf says, getting angrier. 

Valeria crosses her arms. All she says is, "No."

The wolf takes a step toward her. Without thinking, I look at him and move my hand slightly, sending him flying back into the brick walls. People nearby all look at what had happened, the wolves looked pissed off, but everybody else laughs. The wolf lands on his feet as he hits the ground, giving Valeria a death glare. 

"Mrs. Brookes!" a professor shouts. "You've been here long enough to know it's against the rules to use magic against another student!"

Valeria looks shocked. She knows she didn't do it. But she also knows nobody will believe her that she didn't. She looks down at her hands while stuttering, "I-I didn't do it, though-"

The teacher cuts her off, "Detention. 6 pm."

Valeria looks frustrated as the teacher walks off. The wolf walks off too, I keep my eyes on him until he's out of sight.

"God, witches are the worst," Stella beside me complains. "They think they're so strong. I should show them they aren't."

"Leave her alone," I say.

Her eyebrows tug together. She asks, "Why?"

Slowly, I look over at her. I tell her, "Because witches are not worth our time."

Her blue eyes dance around my face as a bell rings out throughout the yard. I stand and walk to my room.

As I walk down the hallway, Valeria walks directly in front of me. I lean down and say in her ear, "Quite the temper."

She looks at me over her shoulder, annoyed. She says, "I seriously didn't do it. Now I have a three-hour detention."

"Three hours without you?" I say. "I'll finally be able to enjoy the library in peace."

Before she can say something witty back, the witch - Aaron, walks up beside her and puts his arm around her, talking to her as they walk forward. I clenched my jaw and turned down my hallway.

When I reach my door, I pause. I don't go in right away. I slowly opened the door, knowing that I had locked it when I left. I stepped inside, looking around, feeling like something was out of place. But I couldn't tell what.

This school. I hate it. I don't want to be here - I need to find more of them. The sooner I kill them all, the sooner my people can be free, and the world will be how it should be. With the demons leading.