46

V A L E R I A

With each passing day, more chaos is brought to Earth. More and more countries have gone to war over matters that don't even exist. Over simply my words. I was doing this for her, to give her the power she wanted, one of the strongest emotions is fear. To make people fear you will make you unstoppable. Nobody questions me. Everybody just listens.

"We're doing it, Luella," she says to me. "We are bringing retribution. This is what is deserved. Only us could do this, nobody else."

She begins laughing again. We had the entire world in our hands. We controlled everything. There was nothing stronger than me - there was nothing that could kill me. 

I sit on the throne. The tip of my sword is against the ground and I spin it around by the handle. I looked out at everybody, at all the fairies, the witches, the wolves who would now do anything I asked in return for eternal life. Happiness after death. Infinite time with the people they love in the afterlife. 

But it was all fake. It didn't exist. I controlled the gates to Heaven, the ones once broken by demons. I repaired them only to deny anybody who tries to enter Heaven. She says that Heaven is only fit for us. Nobody else deserves it. 

I had been having thoughts about Adonis. About our time together. But she put those memories away for me. I don't think about them anymore. I just listen to her, he needs to be brought here and executed, justice for what he has done to me.

They still cannot know my name. She tells me that it will still kill me, even now.

This Earth has fucked us over. It didn't deserve to go on. While I may be a God, I am not here to bring salvation, I am here to bring destruction. I will be the end of this Earth. 

A girl reaches the bottom of the steps in front of me. She bows as her high-pitched voice greets me, "My Lord."

She looks back up, and I stare at her, waiting for her to speak. She clears her voice nervously before speaking. She says, "There's been some information. About the location of Adonis Priest."

My head lifts at the mention of his name. I move my hand while saying, "Go on."

"I-It appears that a group of vampires are hiding him in this small town in Romania," she tells me. "A tip from a vampire came in."

I stand up, her eyes follow me as I do. 

In the morning Romania would not exist. 

𓆩♡𓆪

I'm sure the fire in the distance told them I was coming. Nearly every tree I could see now burned at my hands, spreading to other trees, destroying their ecosystem. I went alone. I didn't need backup. Only myself.

I walk through the burning forest toward the house I'm told is home to dozens of vampires. They say he is being held here.

I step foot onto their lawn. Their house has not burned yet. But it would soon. I think they could sense my presence. Not even a second after standing on their property, vampires come outside. I look to one. This boy. He seems like the leader.

"My Lord," he says. I do not acknowledge it. "We have been trying to get in contact with you."

"I'm sure you have," I say. The smell of smoke burns the inside of my nose as the fires around us spread even further and get more dangerous.

"You have something that I want," I state.

"I'm aware," he nods. "And I am willing to give him to you. In exchange for something...a negotiation, perhaps."