10

A D O N I S

I found another angel the other night. A few days have gone by, but they aren't getting any better at hiding. I took their soul, I know the others must be afraid. Whispers have been going around the school, they call me the faceless killer. Teachers assure students that they will find out who it is, but they won't, not when it's me. 

I got back from The Underworld in the middle of the night. I slept in, missing classes, I wondered who Valeria would partner up with if I wasn't there. 

Do I feel guilty for killing her friend?

No. I don't. 

I wake up, my hair is a mess, I take a shower before changing and making my way outside where the vampires are. I find myself looking around for Valeria, but I don't see her.

"Hey," Stella smiles at me as I sit down. I don't say anything back. "I'm so shocked they aren't canceling the dance tomorrow with all the murders going on. Not that I'm complaining. I have the sexiest dress I'm wearing."

I'm not exactly sure which word I cared the least about. Stella puts her hand over mine as she says, "We should go together, Adonis."

Slowly, I look down at her hand, and then back up at her. She smiles as she waits for my response. 

"Touch me again and you'll lose your hands," I state. 

She looks confused. But at my stone facial expression, she removes her hands. I make a note to wash them once I'm home. 

I keep looking around. Maybe Valeria is in her room, grieving the loss of her friend. I stand up, the vampires ask me where I'm going, but I ignore them. I walk to her room and knock on her door.

But she doesn't answer. 

I go to the library to get a new book, and notice she isn't there, either. 

I go to my room. I step inside, pulling my black shirt off, but as I toss it on the bed I notice something. Papers on my desk were moved, pens were missing, and I looked around as if I'd see somebody else in my room. 

This isn't the first time it's felt like somebody was in here messing with my stuff. 

I move my hand as I mutter under my breath, spelling my door shut. Whoever this person is isn't getting in again.

𓆩♡𓆪

I sit in the dark room. The open window, the sound of crickets coming through it, my legs are spread apart while my forearms rest on the seat. I still smelt like the cigarette I had smoked earlier today, with every inhale of the cancerous toxins, I felt my lungs heal themselves.

Valeria enters her room finally. The small clock on her nightstand reads 3:07 am. As she quietly shuts her door, I say, "Out sneaking around?"

She jumps and swears under her breath as she shoots around and turns her light on. I had been sitting here for three hours.

Her breathing relaxes when she sees that it's just me. She says, "I could say the same to you. You weren't in class earlier."

"Looking for me, Valeria?" I ask while tilting my head lightly.

"It's hard not to notice when a guy with the biggest head isn't in the room," she says while crossing her arms. "And I see the rumors are true, you are crazy. What are you doing in my room, Adonis?"