18

I felt fucking murderous. And he knew this, that's why his smirk grew wider as he looked at me, he shouldn't be here, I fucking told them no, Azriel is going to steal everything I've done and get all the goddamn credit although he's done fucking nothing. I force myself to take a deep breath before I send him flying down the hallway. 

"Yeah, it's that way," Valeria answered him, pointing behind her.

Then his eyes landed on her. And I felt even more fucking murderous.

"Thank you," he smiles at her, very kindly, I know it's fake. "I'm Azriel...and you are?"

"None of your concern," I sort of snap, answering for her. He's amused by this, but she isn't.

She introduces herself, "I'm Valeria. And this super nice sweetheart is Adonis."

"It's very nice to meet you, Valeria," he says while reaching his hand out for her to shake. And as she does, touching his hand, my jaw clenches, I have to look away, I can't watch it happen.

He starts speaking to her again, "So, Valeria, why don't you tell-"

I cut him off and said to her, "Valeria you should go study for that test. I'll show the new guy to his room."

He smiles at me, "How sweet."

I've never wanted to kill somebody more.

"Sure," Valeria says. "It was nice to meet you, Azriel, I hope you like it here."

"Don't worry," he looks her up and down. "I think I will."

My teeth are about to break. I have to keep repeating to myself not to kill him. As she walks away, he whispers to me, "She is quite pretty. Look at that dress."

I grab him by the upper arm with a tight grip and start basically dragging him down the hallway. I try and keep my voice calm but the anger in it is clear, "Why the fuck are you here, Azriel, I don't need you."

He pulls his arm out of my grip and we stop walking. He answers as he rubs his arm, "The King disagreed, so here I am."

I get in his face and demand, "Do not go near Valeria. Understand?"

His lips slowly tug up. He says, "There it is, Adonis, you were bound to have a weakness eventually." 

I grab him by the collar of his shirt and push him into a room behind us which happened to be an empty classroom. I slam the door behind me as I push him, causing him to fall into a few of the desks. 

"Relax," he says while looking up at me, I debate on killing my own brother right now. Slowly, he pushes himself up. "I'm here to find the angel, not steal your girlfriend. Although she is my type."

My fist wants to punch him in the face so badly. He stands and I give him a deathglare. 

I wasn't worried about him finding out about Valeria. She's a smart girl, she won't slip up. But what if she does? What if he sees her flying outside and then kills her? Why the fuck do I even care. Why the fuck do I want to kill my own brother over this. 

"We're here to work together, Adonis," he says as he puts his hand on my shoulder. "For our people."

Our people. The ones who look to me, not him. But I know that he will get all the credit for this in the end when my father passes the crown to him.