Brendan Gallagher (Montreal Canadiens)

I sighed as I heard the door open. It was around 2:30 in the morning when Brendan came home. For the fifth night in a row, Brendan had come home at ridiculous times of the night and this was the first time I had stayed up for him to confront him.

"(Y/N) why are you up right now?" Brendan asked. There was no slur in his voice and I was glad he was sober, so he could actually listen to me.

"I could be asking you the same thing," I snapped.

He flinched back a bit at the tone of my voice, but his face went red almost immediately.

"Why is it any of your business?" He shouted.

"I don't know, maybe because I care about my boyfriend and I don't like him coming home at 2 in the morning!" I screamed back.

"Why should I care what you don't like? And don't act like you've ever cared about m-"

"How dare you say I don't care about you!" I cried "I have spent four years of my life with you, dealing with you when you lost, dealing with the mass amounts of girls wanting to jump on you any chance they get, the hate I get everyday... I- I'm done Brendan," I whispered the last words.

His face went pale "No. (Y/N) oh my God, baby, I'm sorry. Please don't do this,"

I choked on a sob and shook my head, running towards the front door, grabbing the keys to my car on the way out.

I got in and looked up one more time, seeing Brendan on his knees, shoulders shaking, and head in his hands.

Tears flowed down my face, cries threatening to escape my mouth, and an almost painful tightening in my chest.

Finally getting the strength, I turned the car on and pulled out of the driveway, heading towards my best friends house.

I pulled into her driveway, the words I said earlier finally sinking in. I screamed, hitting my hands on the steering wheel before giving up and resting my head on it, sobs raking through my body.

A few minutes past and I stepped out of the car, walking towards (Y/BF/N) door. I knocked on it a couple times before getting cut off when it swung open, revealing my very tired looking best friend.

"Why are you here at this time?" She groaned, not realizing my state of pain and sadness.

"Me and B-Brendan broke up-p," I stuttered.

Her eyes grew wide and she pulled me into her house, shutting the door before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I cried into her and wrapped my arms around her, now knowing how badly I needed comforting. I know, I broke up with him, I was so tired of having to deal with his attitude and the way he talked to me, but I loved him so much.

She had me sleep in the guest bedroom right next to hers. It didn't really matter since all I did was cry into the pillow.

||One month later||

I smiled at the cashier, thanking her then walking to the booth in the corner of the café. Every afternoon after my classes, I went to a little coffee shop around the corner from my campus. Brendan would always meet me there and order for me, but he doesn't come here anymore. I haven't really heard much about him at all anymore.

Someone putting my coffee down in front of me broke me out of my thoughts.

I went to thank the barista, only to see it was Brendan. A wide smile made its way onto my face, eliciting one from him as well.

I motioned for him to sit down and he gratefully sat across from me.

We sat in silence for awhile, just looking in each others eyes.

"I miss you," we both said in unison.

Both of us burst out laughing, earning scowls and glares from people around the café.

I put my hand over my mouth to quiet my giggles. Looking over at Brendan, I saw him smiling at me. A blush rose over my cheeks and I covered my face with my hands.

He laughed and placed his hands on mine, pulling them away from my face, leaning over the table, and kissing my cheek lightly.

"I still love you, Brendan," I whispered into his ear.

"I never stopped," he spoke back.

Yay! I'm finally back from vacation! I made the mistake of not bringing my computer and I missed writing so much. I did get a bit creative over these couple weeks, though, and I've thought up a few stories to post, so even if I don't have any requests, I'll be able to keep this story updated. This imagine was requested by @taryn_brooke. I hope you like it :)