Artemi Panarin (Chicago Blackhawks)

My heart broke as I watched the scene in front of me. A girl, no older than myself, was grinding on Artemi. I didn't want to be upset at him because I knew very well that he was drunk, but I couldn't help the sadness that overtook me. 

A hand landed on my shoulder and I jumped. Viktor stood behind me, pity written all over his face. I shook my head, giving him a small smile.

"He's drunk, (Y/N). I know that doesn't give him an excuse, but I hope you know he would never do something like this while sober," he told me.

I nodded. "I know... I just- I'm gonna go. Can you drive him home?"

"Yeah, of course," he replied "get home safe, alright? Don't think too much of it. I'll make sure she doesn't do anything. He's drunk, (Y/N), but I don't think he's drunk enough to go home with someone else."

The thought made my heart drop to my stomach, but I smiled through it, waving 'goodbye' at him and walking to my car. I got in and started it. I suddenly broke down, cries filling the car. My shoulders shook and tears leaked onto the steering wheel and my lap. 

||At home||

After getting home, I immediately changed out of my dress and into one of Artemi's shirts. It smelled of his cologne and it made my heart flutter. I shifted myself so I was under the covers and closed my eyes, praying that Artemi was home soon. 

I was awoken by the sound of something falling and bit my lip, rolling my eyes. If he's still drunk, I swear... 

"(Y/N)!" his heavily accented voice called. 

I pulled the blankets further up, almost making a cocoon for me to hide myself in. The door of the bedroom opened and his footsteps fell across the floor to the side of the bed he slept on. The next time I opened my eyes, his pouting face was inches from mine. I scoffed lightly and rolled over. He whined childishly and wrapped his arm around my waist, attempting to flip me over to face him once again. When I didn't move, he gave up. The bed moved a few times before I was back in his arms. My stomach filled with butterflies at his touch, but I was once again filled with sadness when I remembered what had happened. 

He pressed light kisses to my shoulder, trailing up to my jawline. I shivered at each one. 

"What is bothering you, princess?" his lips moved against my neck.

"Didn't Viktor tell you?" I snapped. 

He flinched back in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Why weren't you around me at the club?" I sat up on the bed, sliding out of it "oh yeah, that's right. You were too busy getting it on with that girl!"

He laughed. "I never 'got it on' with any girl except you."

"Artemi, you know that is not what I meant," I tried to keep my voice strong "it hurt me to see her with you. Do you know how bad it made me feel about myself when I saw her on you? It made me realize how easily you could get taken from me. It made me realize that you could leave me any time you want and I can't do anything about that!"

My voice cracked at the end and I mentally slapped myself for showing weakness. His bright eyes turned dark and he got up from the bed as well, slowly walking over and standing no more than four feet in front of me. 

"Why you think I would ever leave you? I did not kiss her. I did not bring her home. I did not sleep with her. I did not do any that because I don't need or want to. You the only person I want. You the only person I need," he argued in his broken English. 

This made my heart swell. He tried to reach out for me, but I ripped from his hold. 

"No, that's what he told me. All of what you just said were the lies he used to tell me," tears formed in my eyes at the memory of my cheating ex-boyfriend.

"You think I anything like him? You think I do something that absolutely stupid? I nothing like him! I would never do a thing like that! I know you are worth more. I know you worth so much more. You deserve everything and so much more and it hurts me to know you don't think I can give to you," his voice raised.

"Artemi... I just..." I stopped myself, not knowing what to say "I can't trust anymore. I haven't been able to trust anyone or anything after that. He broke my heart. I don't know what to think of love anymore."

"So you do not love me?" he asked in a small voice, his eyes turning glassy.

"That's not what I said! I love you so much! I couldn't say the same to him. You're the first man I ever said 'I love you' to because you're the only person that I feel that way about. You make me so happy. You make me the happiest I have been in my life," I laughed through the tears "I just can't imagine being with anyone else."

"We need time think," he stated, bluntly, swallowing hard. 

"Please don't do this," I whispered, hoarsely. 

"Time," he repeated, stepping forward and placing a kiss on my forehead before backing away and walking out the door.

||Three days later||

It hadn't even been a week yet I'm more of a mess than I had ever been. Without him, I feel lost. It was sad to say, honestly. I never thought I needed him as much as I do, but I do. Texts and phone calls blew up my phone. Friends, co-workers, Viktor, Kaner, Teuvo. Everyone except the one person I wanted to talk to.

It is your fault after all. You were the one that brought him up.

I replayed the scene from a few days ago over and over in my head, wishing that I could go back and take back what I had accused him of. This would have never happened if you had just trusted him.

"Shut up," I mumbled to myself, wanting all the negative thoughts to leave my mind. 

"Well, sorry. I guess I just leave then," a familiar voice chuckled.

I sprung up from the couch, practically throwing myself at my returning Russian love. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, holding myself to him tightly. He laughed and hugged me back even tighter. He moved one hand under my thigh to support me when I pushed my lips to his. Passion and pure love were the two things that made up the kiss. Another set of tears started falling down my cheeks. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I cried as I pulled away "I should have never accused you of such a thing. I know you would never do something like that."

"Good. Always know I would never do thing like that. (Y/N), you too precious to me to ever lose you," he said, pecking my lips a couple more times before setting me down softly. 

"I love you, Artemi," I muttered into his jacket. 

"я люблю тебя,"

Requested by Nattyscrib :)

I hope you like it! The point of the argument might be a little confusing, but I was trying to do a different "reason" of the two of them getting into one.  

я люблю тебя= I love you