Noah Hanifin (Carolina Hurricanes)

"But what if they don't like me?"

"Noah, there is no reason to be nervous. They're going to love you," I bit my tongue after telling him this.

My parents didn't like hockey and they definitely weren't fond of the whole 'dating a hockey player' thing, but I didn't want Noah knowing that.

"You're lying," he groaned, throwing his head back on the seat after stopping at a red light.

"Noah, please don't be nervous. Even if they don't like you, I will always love you," I told him, leaning over the console and kissing his cheek "the light's green by the way."

He stepped on the gas, making me settle into my seat again.

"I love you too," he mumbled like a child, then smiled afterwards.

I laughed and grabbed his right hand, squeezing it lightly. He brought my hand up to his mouth, kissing it softly.

We finally got to my parents house and he breathed in deeply before getting out and rushing to open my door.

I laughed and nodded my head in a silent 'thank you.'

We walked hand in hand to my front door, stopping when my mom flung the door open.

She had a smile on her face and gestured for us to enter. Noah put a hand on my back, telling me I could go first. My mom smiled at his action and I mentally cheered. She likes you, Noah.

"Hi honey, how have you been?" my mom asked, hugging me.

"I've been awesome. What about you?"

"I have been amazing, thank you,"

My smile faded slightly when she didn't talk to Noah. Or not.

I turned to him and a fake smile showed up on his face when he noticed I was looking. I gave him a sympathetic look and he shook his head.

Things turned worse when I heard heavy footsteps fall across the floor to where we were. If my mom was like that, what will my dad be like?

"(Y/N)?" he asked.

"Yeah dad," I smiled as he made his way around the corner.

He hugged me and immediately turned to Noah. He looked at him and you could tell Noah was worried. My dad was a pretty intimidating guy. That's why I never had a second date.

It was only different with Noah because we go to the same college together and he didn't have to pick me up at my house to take me on a date. That meant he never had to meet my parents... before this at least.

Before my dad could say another to Noah, my mom called dinner from the dining room.

Noah sighed when my dad turned around and took my hand.

Walking into the dining room, I noticed my mom had made spaghetti. I looked down at my white blouse and groaned quietly.

Noah pulled my seat out for me to sit down and I scooted myself in. He sat right next to me, again grabbing my hand under the table. My dad saw and shot him a death glare. Noah quickly pulled his hand away and onto his lap. I silently thanked the lord for not letting my siblings be here right now because it would be so much worse.

I cleared my throat, looking at my dad, silently pleading for him to be nicer.

We started eating after my mom set the bread on the table and that's when the drama started.

"So Noah, how many girlfriends did you have before my daughter?" my mom asked bluntly.

Noah choked on his water, coughing slightly before clearing his throat.

"Mom!" I squeaked.

"No, it's- uh- it's fine. And Mrs. (Y/L/N), I only dated one girl before (Y/N)," Noah stuttered.

"Why did you break up? Did you sleep with another girl? I know how you hockey players can be," my dad chimed in.

"Dad!" I raised my voice. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Noah drop his head and breathe in deeply.

"She cheated on me," he spit out, never looking up from his lap.

This made my parents go quiet and I was fast to grab Noah's hand. He gripped my hand and we held hands under the table, this time without interruption.

We finally finished eating and I couldn't tell who got up faster, me or Noah. He let go of my hand before we stood up, not wanting my father to say anything to him.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" my mom called after us. We were right at the door, my hand inches from the handle. I whipped around.

"We drove 5 hours to come and see you only for you to be horrible people to my boyfriend and disrespect both him and myself! I sat at that dinner table for only 30 minutes and it felt like hours to me because I couldn't wait to leave this damn house!" I yelled.

"(Y/N)," my mom sighed "sweetheart we're so sorry,"

"Look, Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N), I would never hurt your daughter. I know there's that whole stereotype of hockey players sleeping around, but you have to understand, I love your daughter. I love her with all I have. She's my world and I would do anything to be with her. Even give up hockey," Noah finally spoke up.

My parents had a look of guilt on their faces and I finally decided to say what he and I had been thinking about.

"Mom, Dad, I'm moving in with Noah. You might not like it, but I'm a grown up now and I can make my own decisions,"

The first thing that happened was surprising. They... smiled?

"Oh! We're so happy for you!" my mom squealed, hugging me.

I barely hugged her back from the shock that enveloped my body. What's happening?

We talked for awhile longer before we finally said our goodbyes. I still wasn't very happy, but it was getting better.

Noah shut his door and turned to me.

"Well... that was... quite a first meeting," he joked, but I could see something in his eyes.

"Noah... are you okay?"

"Yes. Yeah. Totally. I'm fine," his voice dropped after each word.

I leaned over to him, grabbing his face in my hand and connecting our lips. He kissed me back slowly and it deepened. We finally broke the kiss and Noah smiled at me, starting the car and backing out of the driveway.

*****************

We got home and immediately changed into our pajamas, exhausted from the drive and the dinner.

It was late, probably somewhere around 1:00am and all we wanted to do was sleep.

Noah climbed into bed before me and opened his arms for me to lie in.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, Noah. I knew my parents could be rude, but I didn't think it would go that far," I frowned, pecking his cheek softly.

"It's alright, beautiful. I hope you're not too upset about tonight. I know where you got your sass now at least," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Noah! That wasn't okay tonight. My parents made complete fools out of themselves by acting like that," I groaned.

"Baby, you know I would rather have your parents' approval, but it doesn't matter to me too much because I love you, so, so much," he muttered, hugging me closer.

"I love you, too, babe," I laughed as his cold hand slipped under my shirt onto my side.

He flipped me under him, grabbing my sides and running his hands over my stomach, making me scream and wriggle under his grasp.

I couldn't wait to move in with him.

Wow, this is a long story. It actually isn't that good if you ask me, but I wanted to update and I was out of ideas. I also wanted to do something with Noah Hanifin because he's my baby (even though he is older than me.)