William Nylander (Toronto Maple Leafs)

"Next time that puck goes in I'm leaving this rink, Nylander," I threatened, sliding back and forth impatiently on the thin blades.

A laugh spilled from his mouth, the clap of the stick hitting the ice sounding through the building. I sighed loudly, tapping my nails against the boards.

"Are you done?" I asked, watching as he did his usual celly. "You know I'm literally not even trying to score against you, right? Like I've just been standing here for the past seven minutes waiting for you to get out of your pro-hockey phase,"

"If I promise to go easier on you, will you come out here and play?" he moved the puck back and forth in front of him a few times, never breaking our eye contact.

I skated out to him, grabbing his face and pressing my lips to his before taking the puck from his stick and moving it down the ice to the opposite goal. Arms wrapping around my waist made me squeal excitedly, my smile quickly turning into a playful pout when the rubber disk went flying down to the other side of the ice and into the back of the net.

"That was cheating," I whined, gently hitting the back of his thigh with my stick. "It's not my fault I don't skate as fast as a professional NHL player,"

"And what you did wasn't cheating?" he teased.

I looked at him with a hand on my chest. "What? I was just showing affection towards my loving boyfriend. Is that such a crime?"

"No," he shook his head "but being a liar is,"

"Ha, ha," I rolled my eyes. "Now, can we please have an actual game of one on one? No surprise kisses or anything. Promise,"

"Deal," he nodded, moving to center ice with myself following close behind.

As soon as he hit the count of three, I was off to the opposing net, the puck soaring towards goal. It hit off the left post and went straight in.

I threw my arms up and cheered happily, turning on my skates to boast dramatically to the young centerman. I stopped immediately when I noticed him down on one knee a couple feet in front of me.

"Will..."

"Wow, this is actually so hard for me to do because I have the biggest fear that you're going to say no, but... what is there to say?" he sighed, running a hand over his face. "There was never a time in my life that I thought I would find someone who shared the same passion for anything, especially hockey, as I do before I met you. I don't want to make this sound like a typical proposal, but I can't see myself living without you. You're the one for me and I know I'm definitely the one for you,"

I laughed and wiped the wetness from my cheeks as he continued on.

"Hopefully that wasn't too dramatic, but (Y/N), will you marry me?"

"Of course I will, you dork," I giggled, pulling him up and kissing him passionately, fingers tangling in his blonde locks. 

He breathed in deeply as we pulled away from each other, hugging me tightly against him. "I love you so much,"

"I love you so much more," I mumbled into his jersey.

"You're just setting this up to make it as cheesy as possible, aren't you?" he chuckled, pecking my cheek softly.

I squeezed his sides and nuzzled my nose against his shoulder. "There's no harm in trying to be romantic,"

Requested by 8TheImaginationPool8 :)