Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers)

"The Edmonton Oilers would like to select with their first pick, from the Erie Otters, Connor McDavid,"

Cheers erupted through the arena and I stood up along with his family. We all had huge smiles on our faces and I could tell Connor was trying his best to stay somewhat calm.

He finally got to me after his parents and his brother and hugged me tightly, kissing me on the forehead.

Connor walked up on the stage and I felt so proud when I saw him in the jersey. After the picture, his agent led us towards the waiting area. His mom ended up shedding a few tears and I sat with her until Connor got in the room after taking his pictures.

Everyone rushed to him and engulfed him in hugs. I sat back, not wanting to interrupt their heart-warming family moment.

Connor turned towards me and walked over slowly.

I took a few steps forward and practically threw myself into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you," I whispered, clenching his suit jacket in my hands.

"I couldn't have done it without you," he spoke softly.

We walked over to where the family photos were being taken and I took a couple with them and other friends before the photography told us to wait on the side, so he could take all family photos. Connor started the complain about me not being in the picture since I was so close to his family, but I shook my head.

As I watched them, it finally hit me. I wouldn't see Connor anymore. I couldn't hug him, kiss him, none of that.

I started thinking the worst. He was gonna break up with me. Panic set in at the thought of never seeing him again. My breathing started getting faster and I kept telling myself to not cry. Not here, not in front of all these people. I rushed out of the room.

"(Y/N)!" Connor rushed after me.

When we got out into the hallway, he brought me into him and I nuzzled my face into his neck.

"C-Connor," I whimpered "please don't leave me, I-I love you,"

He pulled away from me, confusion written all over his face.

"(Y/N/N), what do you mean? What's going on?"

"You- you're so important to me. Please don't leave me," I ran my hands through my hair.

"(Y/N), no. I'm not going to leave you. Why would you think that?" His eyes widened a bit and he put his hands on my cheeks.

"You're not? Why? I mean... we won't see each other anymore. We're basically already doing long distance. And I want to go to college in California, Connor. You know that,"

I had been living with my aunt in Canada for my high school years because my parents didn't want me to be 'living off them.' I knew that wasn't the real reason, but I was fine with leaving, especially since my aunt is so cool. But now that I was moving back to the US, I would be able to live on my own now.

We wouldn't have any time to see each other. Him playing hockey. Me going to college. In two totally different places.

Connor sighed and ran one hand through his hair, pulling me closer to him so our chests were touching.

"I was going to wait for another time, but... do you want to move in with me?"

A blush rose on my face.

"Connor... I would love to," his face lit up "but I can't just leave school. You know I want to go to college here,"

He bit his lip.

"You could always go to Northern Alberta?" Connor offered.

"Connor," I sighed.

"(Y/N), I love you," he gripped my hand, kissing me softly then walking back into the room where he parents and the photographer were waiting.

I moved around the small piece of metal in my hand, looking down and realizing what I had to do.

"Connor!" I called after him.

He turned around.

"Yes, Connor! I will move in with you," I grinned.

Everyone in the room cheered and Connor wrapped his arms around me.

"I can't wait,"

This is requested by @MrsConnorMcDavid97 I hope you like it :)