Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens)

I groaned, dropping my books on the kitchen counter and slipping the seemingly 100-pound bag off my shoulder.

"Carey, where are y-" I stopped short when I heard the sound of paws on the hard wood floor.

My eyes widened when I saw a little English bulldog with a studded collar pad its way into the kitchen. It jumped up on my legs. I squealed internally and picked the puppy up.

I was getting ready to yell for Carey, but he entered the kitchen as if on cue.

"Carey Price, why didn't you tell me we had a dog?" I teased him.

"I went to the animal shelter today and they told me this little guy didn't have a home. He's only three months old and his name is Benny," Carey smiled.

"I would've liked it if you had asked me first since we both live together, but I'll let it slip because he has to be the cutest dog I have ever seen," I cooed at Benny and turned around, looking through the cabinets for food.

Benny started whining and I looked down, petting his head. I furrowed my brows in confusion when I saw something shine from the loop of his collar.

My fingers moved to unclasp the tag and tears built up in my eyes when I saw it. It was a beautiful silver ring with a diamond in it along with two rubies surrounding it.

"Carey," I started, turning around to see him on one knee.

"(Y/N), we have been together for four years and they have meant everything to me because I got to spend them with you," he took the ring from my shaking hands, letting me bring one up to my mouth as the other held Benny "I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I hope you feel the same with me, so... (Y/N) (L/N), will you be my wife?"

Cries escaped from behind my hand and I nodded, not trusting my voice.

A huge smile made its way onto Carey's face as he slipped the ring on my finger, standing up and bringing me to him, kissing me passionately.

We were so into the moment, we didn't hear Benny whining impatiently, so he took matters into his own hands.

Benny reached up and licked Carey's face, making Carey pull back with a laugh and a quiet 'ew.'

I giggled and set Benny down on the floor, letting him roam into the living room.

Carey brought my attention back to him by placing his hands on my hips, and leaning his forehead against mine.

I had to stand on my tip-toes to reach his lips and bring him in for another kiss, this time without interruption.

We pulled apart on our own this time. Carey kissed me once more, a tingling sensation spread throughout my lips and it left me wanting more.

"I love you, Carey,"

He smiled cheekily.

"I love you, too, Mrs. Price,"

Kay, yeah, this is super short, but that last one was just... too much. I'm sorry to anyone I made cry. I hope this one is a lot better and did not make you curl up into a ball and basically sob like I did myself.