Jesper Fast (New York Rangers)

The horrific orange color draped over the back of my chair was hard to ignore as I got myself ready for J.T. Miller's Superbowl party. He had lent me one of his extra Denver jerseys, since I had no desire to own one myself, and to say I wasn't excited to wear it was an understatement.

I stood from the bed and grabbed the jersey, reluctantly throwing it over my hoodie. When I got to my car, I slid the keys out of my back pocket and replaced them with my phone. 

Getting to J.T.'s place was the most patience-testing thing possible because of all the football fans doing the same thing I was. I had almost tail-ended four different cars and earned myself a few middle fingers along the way before finally turning into his driveway. 

The moment I arrived, I was practically taken down by J.T.'s dogs, followed closely by J.T. himself.

"You actually came!" He exclaimed.

I looked up at him, eyebrows raised. "You would've tracked me down and dragged me here yourself if I was more than fifteen minutes late. So yes, I did come. Just don't expect too much from me while I'm here. You know I don't like football,"

"I know," he grinned cheekily "I like that jersey by the way,"

I gave him a sarcastic thumbs up and shook my head, setting myself at the kitchen counter. To my surprise, a familiar face walked through the door, clad in a pair of jeans and a Panthers jersey.

"Who gave you their jersey to wear, Fast?" I giggled. "I got mine from Mr. Miller out there,"

He looked up from his phone and let a smile grace his lips, pulling me into a hug. "Hey there, I didn't expect to see you here,"  

"Same with you," I nodded "but I guess when you're friends with football freaks, anything can happen,"

Jesper laughed and grabbed a beer can for the both of us, nodding towards the living room where everyone else was sitting. I scrunched my nose and shook my head stubbornly.

"Come on, it's almost game time," he pouted, cringing playfully at his own words.

"That's why I don't want to go out," I reached out to take my drink.

He held it up and out of my reach. "That's where the food is. We can't be in here the whole time because I bet you J.T. put everything in his fridge out on that table,"

I huffed in defeat, pushing open the kitchen door with Jesper behind me. We practically ran to the open couch, knowing that we'd be stuck standing if we didn't sit before everyone else came inside.

Just as we took our spot, a few players came in from the backyard, Kevin Hayes cheering loudly.

"Pay up, baby," he held his hand out to J.T., smirk planted firmly on his face.

J.T. rolled his eyes and fished his wallet out of his pants pocket, slapping two twenty dollar bills onto Kevin's open palm.

Kevin turned to us, but I held my hand up. "I don't want to know,"

"Good choice," J.T. mumbled, falling back on the couch next to Jesper.

More and more people crowded the house, Henrik and his wife showing up about forty seconds before kickoff. A couple of the guests were already on their fifth beer while others weren't even planning on opening a first.

Agreeing to move outside, Jesper and I got up, allowing Henrik and Therese to finally sit. We both sat down on the swinging chair, looking towards the dimly lit fire that was somehow still burning.

Him and I were obviously glad to be out of the noise, but, even through the door, muffled shouts of protest and cheers of victory could be heard.

"Why did I show up? I had better things to do than sit and listen to my idiot teammates cheer on two terrible teams," Jesper muttered tiredly. "Like order Chinese food and be by myself,"

"I'd like to think you showed up to see me," I teased, chugging down the rest of my beer. "And come on. You could totally order Chinese food. I'll just be here with you,"

"Getting a little flirty there, (Y/N)?" He chuckled, stretching his arm across the wood behind me.

"Must be the beer," I hummed, eyes fluttering shut. "Number 23 with an egg roll, please. You're paying,"

"Dang, we really have more in common than I thought,"

Requested by Chelocean22 :)