Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers)

Henrik's POV

"Henrik, I still can't believe we're in Greece. Oh my gosh, I've wanting to come here since I was eleven. It's just as amazing as I imagined. It's so beautiful, all the older buildings, the beaches- oh lord, all the absolutely gorgeous beaches," she gushed, hands clutched over her chest.

I smiled over at her. She was completely out it, the ability to finally relax pushing aside any other concern or worry that might've been etched into her mind.

Her breathtaking smile was plastered on her face, the familiar feeling of adoration overtaking me.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

She had planted herself in front of my favorite Georges Seurat painting, giving me even more of a reason to find her oh-so enticing. She sat alone, making me question why people were so crazy as to not stop and stare at the glory that is The Seine at La Grande Jatte, but also praise them for giving me an opening to talk to her.

"Beautiful painting, isn't it?" She asked as soon as I got up to her.

"It's my favorite Seurat," I surprised her with my words.

"You like Georges?" Her eyes lit up in excitement. "Do you know how many dates I've turned down because they want absolutely nothing to do with art? Now I'm suddenly finding someone who not only appreciates art in general, but also shares my love for my favorite artist,"

"It must be your lucky day," I teased "because I also just so happen to know of this really good restaurant and I would love if you would join me,"

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, her cheeks flushing color. My heart skipped a beat when she smiled.

"Honestly, I probably would've turned you down if you weren't an art lover,"

"Is that a yes?" I held my arm out to her.

"That's a definite yes," she clarified, adjusting her bag before linking her arm around mine.

"You wouldn't have accepted because of my good looks?" I joked, emitting a soft laugh from her.

"That's just a bonus,"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Henrik,"

I turned to her. "Yes?"

"Are you okay? You were completely spaced out. I was talking to myself for about five minutes," she laughed.

"Sorry, princess," I chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist "I was just thinking,"

"About?" She nudged me.

"When we first met," I squeezed her side.

"Oh, I remember that day. I regret it every moment of my life,"

I stared down at her with worry. Her face was serious for a few seconds, but when she met my eyes, she busted out in a fit of giggles.

"That's not funny," I groaned, nuzzling my nose in her hair and sighing in relief.

"You know I love you," she cooed, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"I love you, too,"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We cuddled on the couch together, both awake at an unearthly hour of the night. Her head was resting against my chest, hands on my stomach. Some strange-looking 90s movie was blasting loudly on the TV, but neither of us necessarily cared for it.

"I love you,"

My heart skipped a beat and I sat up, making her lean away from me. "What?"

"I- uh, I said I l-love you," she stuttered, crossing her arms over her chest "you don't h-have to say it back if you don't want to..."

"No, it just surprised me," I finally got myself together "I love you, too,"

I saw her body physically get less tense and she threw her arms around me, burying her face into my neck.

She sighed. "I was so worried,"

"You didn't think I would say it back?" I asked her incredulously.

"I've had to deal with so many heartbreaks, Henrik. I was scared that it would happen again," she whispered.

"I'll always keep you safe,"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Marry me,"

Her head snapped towards me. "What?"

"Marry me,"

"Henrik, I-"

Pulling the box out of my jacket pocket, I got down on one knee in front of her. I popped open the top and heard her gasp behind her hands.

"I wasn't going to do this right now because I had this whole plan about proposing to you on Lefkada," I admitted "but I couldn't wait that long. I need to know you're wanting to be mine,"

Tears ran down her cheeks. "I do. I want to be yours, but you have to be mine, too,"

"I've always been yours,"

Requested by XxNorthxX :)

This was a little out of order, but I had this idea and Henrik was the perfect person for it!