Noah Hanifin (Carolina Hurricanes)

"Come on, Tanner," I groaned "what do you want from me? You're not sleeping and you won't eat anything."

The toddler spit out more of his food as if on cue and clapped his hands, a smile on his face. I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair. 

"You're killing me, Smalls," I teased, picking him up out of his highchair. "What do I gotta do to get you to work with me, hon?"

He giggled and poked at my nose piercing. The doorbell rang right when I entered the playroom. When I answered the door, I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Hey Noah," 

"Hey babe," he looked at Tanner, then back at me with raised eyebrows "is there something you're not telling me?"

"Shut up," I grumbled, shoving him lightly "I'm babysitting for my parent's friends. All of them went out of town for a couple days for a wedding."

"A couple days?" he asked.

"They're paying me $50 an hour. I have no place to be complaining,"

"Goddamn," he whistled "can I help babysit? I could use some extra cash."

I rolled my eyes. "You can help, but you're not getting anything. And watch your language. He's only a year old. I don't need his parents coming home to find that he picked up a few more words while they were gone."

Noah laughed and took the giggling child from my arms before kissing me lightly and squeezing my bottom with his free hand.

I hit the back of his head. "Stop! There is a child present!"

He just shook his head and walked into the living room, sitting down and setting Tanner on his leg. Tanner laughed when Noah started bouncing him on his knee. I walked into the room I had set up for Tanner and fixed everything to get ready to put him to bed.

When I walked back out, I saw that Tanner was already falling asleep on Noah. Noah was texting with one hand, holding up the sleeping child with his other.

"Well that was fast," I whispered in his ear, making his body tense visibly. 

He sighed. "Yeah, it was. His eyes started closing while I was talking to Connor. I guess I get tiring pretty easily."

"You do," I joked "trust me, you can only take so much."

He rolled his eyes playfully and stood up carefully with Tanner, walking into the bedroom and setting him gently into the crib. I placed his teddy bear right next to him and saw him wrap his fingers around part of it. I walked out, partly closing the door after Noah came out as well.

"Wow, you're good with kids. I couldn't get him to sleep for the life of me. I'm actually glad you came tonight," I smirked, turning into the living room and plopping down on the couch.

He scoffed and dropped down next to me, throwing his legs over my lap and wrapping his arms around my shoulders. 

"Do you ever want children?" he asked me randomly.

"I don't know. Maybe one day, yeah, but it'll have to be kind of a long time away. I don't think children like me that much and I don't know how well I'll handle something like that. With what I want to do as a career, I'd be away from my kids all the time and I know how bad it sucks to not have your parents around," I frowned. 

"Well, you still have time to think," he let out a low laugh and pulled my legs so I was laying down "you're only 18. You can still live while you're young."

He hovered over me, resting his hands on either side of my head before leaning down to connect our lips. Before he could, though, my phone started ringing. He groaned and reached over, pressing answer and holding it to my ear.

"Hello?" I greeted, hearing it was Tanner's parents.

"Hey, (Y/N). How's Tanner doing? I hope he hasn't been giving you too much trouble," his mom laughed.

"He's been doing alright for me. He's actually in bed right now,"

"You got him to sleep? That's very impressive. Not even myself or his dad can get him to bed this early. That deserves a raise," she laughs "we'll see you when we get home. We'll be back in the morning on Friday."

"Alright, Mrs. Peterson. See you then," I hung up and grinned widely "did you here her, Noah? I'm getting a raise for putting him to sleep. Isn't that something."

He chuckled. "You're welcome, hotshot,"

Requested by CaitlinMitscherlich3 :)