Andre Burakovsky (Washington Capitals)

(Y/N)'s POV

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I saw him out of the corner of my eye. I didn't know exactly who he was, but by his jersey, I knew he played hockey.

"(L/N)!" my coach called me over.

I shuffled over to her and picked my board up from next to her.

"Hey Coach," I greeted, nervously

"You'll do amazing, (Y/N). You're one of the best female boarders they've had here in a while. And with me as your coach... you're bound to be pretty good," she winked.

"Alright," I laughed "hey, you see that guy over there?"

I pointed towards the hockey player's direction and she slowly looked to her right, looking back at me a couple seconds later.

"That's Andre Burakovsky! You have the hots for him, don't you?" she wiggled her eyebrows and I shoved her playfully.

"Next up, (Y/N) (L/N)!" the man announced.

Nodding my head stiffly, coach laughed at me and mouthed 'good luck.' I managed to smile, the worried feeling in my stomach growing by the second. When I got to the top of the hill, I strapped myself into the board, pulled my goggles down over my eyes and yanked my scarf up, kissing the gold necklace my mother had given me when I first started out.

Before I knew it, the whistle sounded.

Andre's POV

My eyes widened in amazement. The snowboarder who was up was absolutely killing their performance. Some of their tricks were things I'd never seen in my life or thought were actually possible. The crowd sporting USA gear went wild, showing me that the snowboarder was American.

One final spin on their board and they landed perfectly. They slid down the rest of the way. When they came to a stop, they flung their hands up in the air. I smiled and laughed, clapping and cheering along with the crowd. I got a few weird looks, but I didn't mind.

I looked back towards the person and saw that they had undone their boots and laid their board out next to them. They pulled their goggles off, and, to my surprise, it was a girl. The girl I had just seen not even five minutes ago. She pulled her scarf down off her mouth and a beautiful smile was shown. Her head turned towards me and we made eye contact. She smiled widely at me and I laughed a bit, smiling back. A guy came and touched her shoulder, pulling her into a hug. I looked away, a blush on my face. Figures she would have a boyfriend.

"Andre! What's up man?" Tom Wilson and Michael Latta approached me.

Tom started to talk about something, but my mind was off somewhere else. I couldn't get that girl out of my head and I had seen her for the first time 10 minutes ago. I didn't even know her name.

"Andre? Dude!" Michael snapped his fingers in front of my face and I cleared my throat.

"Sorry Tom. Uh- what did you ask?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"I didn't ask anything. Andre, are you alright?" he asked, worriedly.

I nodded quickly. I turned around and my eyes flickered over to the girl again, but before I could cover it, Tom and Michael looked over at her, too. Tom whistled quietly and Michael whispered out a quiet 'damn' that made my blood boil.

"She is fine as hell," Tom bit his lip and shook his head "she is totally out of your league Burks,"

"She's out of all of our leagues," I spat "she has a boyfriend."

Both of them rolled their eyes. Michael looked behind me and smirked. I gave him a confused look.

"Hey," a quite loud voice spoke.

I turned to face the owner of the voice and my stomach dropped when I saw the girl standing in front of me.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," she stuck her hand out. I grasped hers in my larger hand and shook it, dropping it only when Tom interrupted.

"I'm Tom Wilson, that's Michael Latta, and this little one right here is Andre Burakovsky," he threw his arm around my shoulders and pinched my cheek, jokingly.

I pushed him off of me and I bit my tongue when she giggled softly.

"It's nice to meet you all, but can I say, he's literally like a foot taller than me, so he's not very little. He also doesn't look like he's 12, probably more around 20," she smiled at Tom then at me.

For the second time that day, I felt my face heat up.

"(Y/N)!" her boyfriend shouted to her.

"Colby, go wait with your girlfriend! I'll be done in a minute!" she yelled back.

He gave her two thumbs up and jogged over to their group.

"Wait, so he's not your boyfriend?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"He's been my best friend since we were in the third grade. I love him to death, but dear god I sometimes wish he came with a mute button,"

"I could same for these two," I pointed towards Tom and Michael behind me, earning me a hit to the shoulder and one on the back of my head.

"Well, I have to go. Um- here's my number," she held out a piece of paper to me which I took gratefully "call me sometime. I'd love to go out with you,"

"Yeah, I'll call you," I said.

She stood up on the tips of her toes and kissed my cheek, then ran off. I whipped around to face my annoying roommates.

"Who's out of her league now?"

Requested by KrissiZIP :)