Tyler Seguin (Dallas Stars)

"Hey. Dalila," I snapped my fingers, getting the puppy's attention "I'm gonna throw this and you're going to grab it and bring it back to me, okay?"

Her tail wagged violently, hitting my leg every so often. I threw the ball a bit out in front of us and she just stared at it for a moment before sitting down and turning to me. I sighed and shook my head.

"It's really not that hard to train a dog. You're just being too impatient with her. My guy was easy train,"

I let out a frustrated sigh and looked to the stranger sitting next to me, motioning to where I thought Dalila was waiting. "Okay. Why don't you teach her yourself?"

He laughed and pointed. "I would, but it seems like she's taken quite an interest to that tree all the way across the park,"

My eyes followed to where he was pointing. Sure enough, Dalila was all the way down at the other end of the field. When I stood up to call her, I noticed something.

"Your 'guy' seems to have taken quite an interest to my little Dalila, so looks like we're both going to get them," I mocked, starting towards the other side.

The man walked alongside me, holding a hand out. "I'm Tyler Seguin,"

I looked over at him and nodded. "Cool,"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see he was a bit taken aback by my response. "Well, aren't you little miss sassy. Your answer should've been 'nice to meet you, Tyler Seguin' followed by your name,"

"Sorry, how rude of me. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Hockey star. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I like long walks on the beach and eating tacos in the comfort of my own home with no one around to annoy me,"

He smirked. "So you know who I am,"

"I'm not totally out of it. I've lived in Dallas all my life and I dislike the Bruins with a passion, so yes, I do know who you are and I have for awhile," I smiled sarcastically, trying to get him to stop talking.

A noise of distress left his lips and he stopped abruptly. I stopped with him, confused. He was looking down at his phone, a frown on his face.

"Jesus, she doesn't know when to leave me alone. She's texted me four times in the passed ten minutes," he muttered, fingers tapping away against the screen.

"Girlfriend troubles? That must suck to have someone care about you so much,"

His eyes flickered up to mine. "Mom troubles. And actually, I do have some girlfriend troubles. Though, it's not so much her caring about me. More of... her trying to apologize after I found out she cheated on me with four different guys,"

"Tyler, I- I'm so sorry," my head dropped in embarrassment.

"Hey, don't worry about it," he laughed lightheartedly "you don't know me, I don't know you. I was rude to you, too, so I apologize for that,"

"No, Tyler," I grabbed his arm "that wasn't okay of me to think of you like that. I promise I'm usually not that much of a bitch,"

"I believe you," he grinned.

"You do?"

"Of course. (Y/N), you seem really stressed out about something. And I don't think it's just you getting irritated because Dalila's stubborn," he teased "you need a little break from... whatever is bothering you. How about grabbing lunch with myself and Marshall?"

"Marshall?"

"My dog. He's the chocolate lab," Tyler clarified.

"Speaking of, we should probably go to grab them before they run further from us," I giggled.

Tyler nodded. "That's probably a good idea,"

As soon as we were able to grab hold of our dogs, I decided to take Tyler up on his offer. We walked to a little truck near the park and ordered food, sitting down at one of the tables.

"I'm serious about earlier, Ty. That was totally uncalled for what I said back there and I really am sorry. You're such an incredible guy and I shouldn't have labeled you as a stereotypical hockey player,"

He chuckled. "I kind of had it coming. I was a bit of a dick to you. First impressions aren't that important anyway. And really? Ty? I didn't think we were on a nickname basis yet,"

Marshall whimpered suddenly, grabbing Dalila's attention. She moved closer to him and he started licking her face.

"Look it," I cooed "they're in love,"

"Damn it," he whined jokingly "does that mean we have to see each other everyday just for our dogs?"

"Unfortunately," I sighed, rolling my eyes dramatically.

"In that case, we might as well set up a couple other... lunch meetings," Tyler cringed at his own words, smiling at me.

"We should definitely set up more lunch dates," I agreed.

"Oh, you want these to be dates, do you?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Only if you want them to be," I shrugged.

"I know both of us want them to be dates, so they are totally dates,"

The two of us enjoyed the rest of our lunch, getting up to say goodbye once we were done.

"Thank you for today, Tyler," I smiled, wrapping Dalila's leash around my wrist.

"It was no problem. I set myself and my dog up with a couple of cuties," he winked, kissing my cheek before walking away.

I leaned down and scratched behind Dalila's ear. "My little wing woman,"

Requested by seREUSly :)

I finally made it to Texas! I missed my home state so much :'( I have around five more requests before I open them up again, so look out for that!