Teuvo Teravainen (Carolina Hurricanes)

A loud yawn escaped my lips as soon as I woke up. I saw that Teuvo wasn't in bed next to me and shrugged, getting up. I made my way into the kitchen where I found him making breakfast. I trudged over to him and hugged him from behind, feeling him jump.

"Sorry," I mumbled, a small smile forming.

"It's okay," he chuckled and turned towards me "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," I sighed, reaching up and kissing him softly.

He planted a quick peck on my forehead once more, smiling at me. I smirked and helped him finish with the food.

When everything was settled, we both walked into the living room, sitting on the couch and enjoying some of the Christmas movies that were being played. We had set all the presents out and waited until 'The Grinch' was over to start opening them.

I had gotten Teuvo a couple presents, but his biggest was definitely the Finland jersey I had gotten him. I talked to his mom at the beginning of December and she had all of Teuvo's old teammates sign the jersey, then sent it out our way.

"Thank you so much, beautiful," he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"You're very welcome,"

Teuvo got me a couple things from my favorite store and a watch I had been wanting for a while. I started collecting all the wrapping paper when Teuvo stopped me.

"There's one more present under the tree,"

Sure enough, there was a small box sitting in the back corner of the tree. He reached out and grabbed it, handing it to me. I narrowed my eyes at him, teasingly, and tore the wrapping paper off. Now sitting on the palm of my hand was a small black box. I looked up at Teuvo, speechless. He took the box from my shaking hands and got down on one knee.

"(Y/N), we've been dating for two years, we've known each other for five years. I know this isn't a big proposal, no big lights, no one else around us. I was actually going to propose at the party tonight, but I decided yesterday that I would be more nervous than I am now," he rambled "anyway, you're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. You make me the happiest person in the world every time I see you and I hope it's the same with you. So, (Y/N), will you marry me?"

"Yeah," I sputtered out "I mean, yes! Yeah, yes I will marry you!"

He laughed and slipped the ring on my finger. I grabbed his face between my hands and kissed him deeply. Tears of joy slipped down my cheeks. Teuvo pulled away and wiped them away.

"Elina and Lindsey won't shut up about this when they find out," I giggled.

||At the party||

As soon as we got to the party, I was greeted by Elina. As I talked to her, I made a show of waving my hand around dramatically. After a few moments, she grabbed my wrist, her eyes widening.

"Is this what I think it is?" she asked.

"Well, I mean it depends what you think it is, but if you think it's a wedding ring, you'd be right," I joked, taking a sip from my glass.

She screamed, jumping up and down. This grabbed everyone's attention. Within the silence, I heard Teuvo's laugh.

Lindsey came over. "Elina, what are you screaming abo- what the hell is that?" She pointed to my ring, then joined Elina in her mini-celebration.

"Is there a reason my girlfriend is freaking the hell out?" Jonathan approached us, Patrick by his side.

"Hi Johnny. Hi Patrick," I laughed. Patrick smiled and waved. Jonathan sat with his arms crossed, waiting for my response.

"Oh, okay, buzz kill, they saw my wedding ring," I practically had to rip my hand from the two girls to show him and Patrick.

Patrick let out a 'Woo!' and jumped at me, wrapping his arms around my frame. Jonathan placed his arm around my shoulder and shouted to Teuvo. Everyone was still looking at us, probably trying to get an explanation for all the yelling.

When Teuvo got to us, he cleared his throat. Patrick turned to him and did the same to Teuvo that he did to me, this time almost knocking the both of them over.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the soon to be husband and wife!" Jonathan announced, making all the people in the room cheer and hold up their glasses towards us.

I grabbed Teuvo's attention through all the craziness. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Teravainen."

He smiled, cheekily. "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Teravainen."

Merry Christmas to all my readers who celebrate! I hope you all get what you want and have an absolutely amazing day! To all my readers who do not celebrate, (either just not today or not at all) I hope you have a good Friday :)