Zach Fucale (St. John's IceCaps)

The front door closed shut and I continued on with the food on the stove, being mindful not to burn it. Heavy footsteps fell across the hardwood floor and sounded all the way into the kitchen. The fridge opened a couple feet from me and I glanced over to see my boyfriend shuffling through the contents. 

"I'm making dinner right now," I laughed lightly, trying to hide my hurt feelings.

"M'kay," he muttered, typing away at his phone.

I furrowed my brows and clicked the flame off, flipping around to face him.

"Are you mad at me or something?" I asked, cracking my knuckles out of nervousness. 

"What? Why would you think that?" he looked up from the screen, seemingly unknowing of his strange behavior these passed few days. 

"You literally leave the house at 10 o'clock in the morning and get back at 6 in the evening. Is there something you need to tell me? Something we need to discuss?" 

He looked at me, surprise crossing his face. "Are you kidding me? You think I'm cheating on you," not a question, a statement.

"It's kind of hard not to think that when you never tell me where you're going," I finally snapped. 

"All I did was go out with a couple friends. Do you not believe me? Do you need proof I was with them?"

"It normally wouldn't be a big deal, Zach, but when you're never with me, it's hard for me to just sit in silence with this!" 

He ran a hand through his hair, rolling his eyes at me. "Look, you're making this a lot more dramatic than it should be. I just went to Alex's house. Jay and Angelo were there if you really don't believe that I was there,"

"You really don't understand what I'm saying, do you? All you've been doing is "hanging out with your friends", Zach. I get that you need some guy time, but I'm here, too. Are your friends really more important than your girlfriend?" 

"Please don't be one of those people," he groaned, running a hand over his face.

"One of those people? What's that supposed to mean?" I bit, tilting my head in mock curiosity.

"The person who makes their partner choose between people. I can't do that, (Y/N). I love you to death, but I've known Alex since I was seven,"

"You love me? Cause it hasn't felt like that as of late," I frowned, turning around and picking up the dirty dishes. 

His breath hitched audibly and he walked towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "Have I really been away from you that much? That you don't feel I love you anymore?"

I nodded slowly, not looking up to meet his gaze. "It's hard, Zach. Not only are you gone for just hockey, but you're always gone from home now, too. Hell, even Dutch misses you," I pointed to the half-asleep Pit-bull. 

The puppy whined quietly, almost like he answered his agreement. 

Zach sighed and turned me around, ducking down so he was eye level with my shorter frame. "I love you. So much. I'm sorry that you've felt unloved because that's the last thing I want to hear while we're together. I... I was gonna do this tomorrow, you know, for our anniversary, but you've put me in a hell of a position that I can't get out of unless I do this, so here it goes,"

He dug around in his coat pocket, pulling out  a band with a diamond in the center. "(Y/N) (L/N), you're my absolute everything and there's no one in this world other than you that I see myself with. I want you to know that I love you more than anyone. Will you marry me?" he knelt down, holding out the ring to me.

I smiled, wiping away the fallen tears, and nodded, letting him slip the ring onto my finger before pulling him up into a passionate kiss.

"Zach, I am so sorry. That was so stupid of me. I can't believe I argued with you about this. I'm sorry. I should've trusted you. Damn, I'm such a bad person," I dropped my head in my hands.

"You're not a bad person," he chuckled, pulling me into his chest "I kind of set myself up. Alex and I went to over ten stores to find that ring because no other one seemed to be- I don't know- the one. None of them looked to be so special for you until I found that one. That took up most of the time. Other time was just spent at Alex's house,"

I laughed. "I'm so lucky to have someone like you in my life,"

Requested by xotwod01 :)

It's felt like a really long time since I've last updated. Unfortunately, I don't know how much free time I'll have over the next four days to write out requests because I have to go to Missouri. My spring break has started though, so when I get back on Monday, I'll try my best to get a new imagine up!