Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins)

"Again, thank you both so much for watching the kids. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but we'll find out when we get there. All his cousin said was that it was an emergency, so it had to be important to call us on such a late notice," Carole shook her head.

"It really is no problem, I love these little munchkins and it's always awesome to see them since I don't get to very often," I smiled at her "now go, you'll be late for your flight,"

She nodded and Pascal took her hand, leading her to their car.

I sighed and shut the door. I was a little disappointed that it was today we had to baby-sit since it was mine and Sidney's anniversary, but a family emergency came up and Pascal and Carole didn't want to fly across the country with their four kids and then back the next day.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw Sidney and the kids sitting eating pizza.

"Alright guys, so I'll be honest, I really don't have much planned, but we can do whatever you guys want that doesn't involve anything possibly breaking," I laughed. Sidney smiled and the kids giggled as well.

"I, believe it or not, set something up that you guys might enjoy," Sidney stood up and lifted Lola out of her chair. Sid nodded his head and I had Maeva, Kody, and Zoe stand and follow Sid.

We ended up outside and when I saw what was awaiting us, my jaw dropped.

There were fairy lights and lanterns hanging from trees and seats laying in certain areas on the grass, all in front of a screen that had the starting screen for 'Up' on it. The kids squealed in delight and ran onto the mattresses, jumping up and down on them. I stood there, absolutely astonished that Sid put something like this together.

He came and stood next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"So, what do you think?" he asked.

"Sidney... I don't know what to say. It's just... beautiful," I answered breathlessly.

"I know watching a children's movie isn't your ideal anniversary date, but I thought you would like it,"

"Sid, it's amazing. I can't believe you did this for us," I smiled, tears building up in my eyes.

"You deserve everything and so much more," he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"But I already have everything," I spoke quietly, looking him in the eyes. He smiled widely, understanding what I meant.

"(Y/N), Sidney, can we start the movie?" Kody yelled. He and the girls all sat on one seat, which made me laugh because there were three seats all together, but I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, hold on," Sidney replied, jogging over to a table by an empty seat. He pressed a button on a small remote and the movie began to play.

He sat down, and then waved me over. I walked over to him, sitting down and throwing my legs over his. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder.

**************

A couple hours later, all the kids were asleep and Sidney and I were up watching until the end. The 'Ellie badge' scene came on and I was on the verge of tears. Sidney chuckled as I ran my hands over my eyes, trying not to let tears fall.

"Happy anniversary, (Y/N)," Sid whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek softly.

I sniffled, smiling up at him and pushing my lips to his.

"Happy anniversary, Sidney,"

I wanted to thank @beth_crosby87 for the idea(s). I ended up basically putting two scenarios (movie day and babysitting) into one story. This has to be one of my favorite imagines I've written, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)