Nati - Chapter Three

Sanity faded away and everything disappeared.
Old pictures of lost memories rushed me and I felt weird.
Nothing could have stopped me now as I saw only her face.
Glimpses of my past I lost and waited for her embrace.
Over the world, I floated and heard her sing a strange song.
Forfeited my rather short life and it did not feel wrong.
So embarrassed, how I messed up my late introduction.
Oh, my body started a rather slow deconstruction.
Uplifted by her my soul would leave the stairs that broke me.
Left alone in vast emptiness, my thoughts all floated free.
This is when her whisper caught up and it managed to stay.
"Really sorry, I will make it up to you in some way."
As the lights now faded and the song too started to change.
No more talk, just her sweet voice that sang and it gained range.
Silent like wind that found its way between gaps of foliage.
Frozen in time I found myself as a helpless package.
Effectively I saw her face, but it was distorted.
Roughly followed my thoughts as if they were transported.
The smile turned a little awkward and made my cheeks now burn.
Or the ears on the headband seemed to become real next turn.
Entered this strange new world unsure if I lived or was dead.
Looked around, and I found nothing, just the small stream ahead.
Saw her hands reach out towards me, as I tried to touch her.
We met halfway but washed away with the waves together.
Hands submerged all into the crystal clear, cold, and fresh stream.
Effortlessly I calmed them down, to show my face again.
Right now my doubts faded away and it would mirror me.
Emotions swirled inside and I had a new world to see.

And a strange world it was. Reality started to sink in as the objects around me slowly took shape. The stairs were gone, along with the university, the entire world, and probably my life. I wasn't the romantic type who wanted to die for love, but to fall down the stairs in front of a stranger was probably way below that anyway.

And yet, even in my death, I saw her eyes and lips, and they copied my movements. And not just the face, I wore a tunic, but I got the same body I observed all day underneath. It matched me perfectly.

The black hair grew longer than I remembered, it reached the middle of my bare, soft, but firm thighs, warm and silky smooth to the touch. I never felt anything like that before, but now they were attached to me. The more I studied my reflection, the less I cared about the surreality of the situation. What a body, it got me way too excited to think straight.

"Hmm, I didn't think this through..." The pleasant voice caught me off guard, and I spun around to see a strange creature. It floated right in front of me and emitted sharp light. "Good thing I've left this servant behind."

"Who are you?" I heard the same voice escape my lips. I already knew the answer, but I felt clueless at the same time. "What happened to me?"

"I may or may not be responsible for your fall, and felt sorry." She started, the brightness toned down. A pure white mannequin, faceless, simple, she floated above the ground without wings but sported the same cat ears I saw in the stream. "Figured, the easiest way to transfer your soul was to use my body as a beacon, but now I can't possess it. As you can see, I fixed my mistakes and cared for your family too."

"Wh-what happened to them?!" I asked in her voice and backed into the ice-cold water. I learned from my recent mistake and didn't move any further. "Where did you take me exactly?"

"I made them win the lottery." She bragged, her face featureless, but I felt her grin somehow. "They gave you a spectacular funeral, and your roommate provided emotional support to your sister, so all went well."

"What?! My sister... You... I... What do you mean by your world?!" I shouted as my legs gave out. I fell into the stream and the cold enveloped me, but not too deep to drown. "Who are you?"