Nati - Chapter Twenty Five

The shell inherited by me was in danger again.
Happy I felt moments ago, now melted like snowmen.
Even as I celebrated, finding the tribe's lost girl.
Before I could hug her, I was caught up in a big whirl.
Alexandra's voice appeared: "Hold on Nati and don't go."
Not like it was my choice, I wanted to return pronto.
In the meantime, something fought me to drag away my soul.
Screaming inside, I attempted to counter that weird scroll.
Hopeless maybe my future seemed, I refused to give up.
More than anything, I needed a plan to develop.
Eager to meet her again, I held onto that voice now.
Never wanted to let her go, once I heard it somehow.
Terrified of dying again, this gave me a new shove.
Optimistic, that I could meet the one I fell in love.
Forsaken I felt before, but she was ought to return.
"Told you I would look out for you." Said the voice that I yearned.
"Hold on, you already left me, where were you anyway?"
"Ehem, I was rather busy, but I will come your way."
Despite the strong force that pulled me, I managed to resist.
I did not want to miss my chance, I needed to persist.
Vibrant colors filled my life as she promised to meet me.
Instant resolve formed to ensure I could return safely.
No magic of this world could prevent me from seeing her.
Everyone who stood between us only made me fiercer.

My arms were spread out for some reason but I've been dazed and confused for so long, it's not true. Memories came flooding back as if time itself was a lie. I had to backtrack to understand, how I got here in the now.

Yesterday I met Gitaut, he was an awkward shaman. If this world had emo music, he must have been a fan. That was my first impression, and he became my stalker. As Charlotte explained we had some history together. By we, I mean him and Goddess. I couldn't convince him, that we were two different people, but I could understand him.

I was properly introduced to the witch Omerta, the one we saved the day before. She turned out to be Hana's little sister and thanks to her telepathy, I was able to cast magic. I had ambivalent feelings about firing my laser at the first human I ever met here, but come on.

I was doing actual magic, like, for real. On my own... Almost. Sort of. But in any case, I was closer to it, than ever before. We had lengthy discussions, and I shared my plan of crossbow making.

When I complained about the difficulties of forging spring steel with the right carbon content, she used her magic to manipulate it into a perfect mixture, down to the last atom. The blacksmith looked jealous.

Especially after she transformed it without touching a hammer, I had her promise to help me later. Life got busy in the village though when I met my second human, carried by a wolfman. They got chased here by a pack of actual wolves. Omerta and our hunters rushed in to save them, and they turned out to be comrades, with complicated relationships.

One of them looked like an orc child and got badly injured. He was a goblin though, and made it through thanks to awkward Gitaut. The human they brought was some sort of royalty, and her long dark purple hair curled up like crazy. The colors in this world were surreal. Her name was Elizabeth and she said, those monsters took her hostage. She acted like she owned them though, confusing me deeply.

She displayed textbook tsundere behavior.

I finally remembered, what I was doing here too. I escorted kids this morning, looking for some good wood. That's when the strange, huge yellow bird showed up, chasing us back. But Mabel got separated. We formed a search party, but before we set out, she returned home safely. It was a big relief, although I still didn't know what happened.

She returned with three other guys, coming in all shapes and sizes. One was huge and green, and the others were humans, but their hair had different colors. A female with a dark blue bobcut and a nice, pretty face held up an enormous sword covered in blood. The other was on his knees now and looked a lot more plain. And the gigantic bird I have seen was already slain.