Nati - Ch. 89

Finally, Lambert's cooking was back on the menu.

"Sir Dioneras was not joking, the food you make is splendid." The dwarf praised the court wizard at every chance he got. "It was worth traveling here, and I'm glad you were returned safely."

Now I had to worry about getting out of shape again. But with all the exercises I was forced to do during my training, I was much less likely to gain weight. And it became compulsory to participate.

"Come on Gomel, eat up and it's your turn next." Omerta was calling for him. She finished the other wyvern-skin armor and made a second iron golem on the last day. She borrowed my crystal for that and was pleased with the results. "You need to work for the food, and extra hard for the portions your horses got."

Everyone who wanted to become a permanent resident in Nateaser had to join at least once a week. Their species, strength, or occupation didn't matter, all tribesmen were expected to defend themselves. Charlotte made a few policy changes with all the new dangers lurking around.

"Just a few more moments, Lady Witch, let me pour some wine to accompany this fine meal." The dwarf took his sweet time, not worried about making everyone else wait. He even tried to corrupt the orc girl. "Do you not want some? This is from the last barrel, enjoy it while it lasts."

"No, I'm done with drinking." Omerta shook her head, but I could tell she was tempted. She noticed me, continuing with a grin. "Offer it up for Nati instead, and don't skip your training."

Said training was different for everyone. Sometimes it meant no more than handling the crossbow and running into safety, even goblins and the children could do that much. And they were expected to do so as well since every little thing improved our chances of survival in the village. We'd never know when the Elder would decide to attack us again, especially after Alexandra snatched away her hostage.

"Fine, but moving around with a full belly." The dwarf complained, casually walking over to the main square. The newest recruits were already there, sweating heavily from the horned beastman's training. "Is it practicing with that fine crossbow? What an excellent invention, Lady Nati, you deserve all the wine for that, indeed."

Even if I encouraged the villagers to treat me as a girl, being called a lady was a bit embarrassing, and in general, I couldn't handle this kind of praise. But it was just how Gomel talked, he never missed a chance to say some over-the-top kind words to everyone. But it didn't save him from the training, and it wasn't to practice shooting this time.

My little sister was no exception either, and she was adamant about joining the regular training and signing up for the dungeon quest. She was killing it, surprising everyone.

"I give, I give." The blacksmith threw his hands up, pinned against the ground. Not even a minute had passed, and he was about twice her size. His arms alone were nearly as thick as her torso, and she slammed him so effortlessly I couldn't believe it. "That was a great fight, lady Emily, no doubt you are Nati's family. I think you broke my rib."

"How?" Was all I could ask, with my mouth hanging open. That dwarf must have been three hundred pounds or more, and my little sister was what, sixty at best? And I was supposed to be in God's body.

"Sorry, Gomel, I'm still not used to it." She reached out to pull him up with a grin. "Plus I can't hold back if I want to prove myself."

"I'm curious where you learned these techniques." The Demon Lord's goblin captain praised her too. Avalon was especially interested in every tactic that involved smaller, and weaker creatures going up against larger ones. "Are they possible to master for us, goblins too?"

"Huh, I guess? It's just Judo." Emi shrugged, playing the modest little girl, but she struggled to suppress a smug grin. "I joined a club in middle school but it was kind of boring."