Nati - Chapter Twenty Seven

I became a revered citizen of Nateaser.

Not that I moved, but Charlotte named her village after me, and while I appreciated the sentiment, it was embarrassing. To think she jumped on the idea coming from a slip of the tongue...

People gathered to plan for the near future a day after the conference. Humans and monsters wanted to set their stories straight and discuss their immediate strategies. They coordinated with Alexandra but excluded me this time. I was too busy working on my crossbow anyway.

The tsundere Princess and her blue-haired guard set out for Sanctuary but left their court wizard behind. It was a compromise to guarantee the safety of the Demon Lord, while he also acted as an ambassador.

"He's a surprisingly good chef," Hana noted jealously.

"I prefer your cooking," I claimed to improve their mood.

"Well, it won't hurt to have a magician here." They said. "He healed both the ogre and paladin from deadly injuries."

"Ugh, but we have your sister here now. She's more than enough for this village." I shrugged. Her ogre, goblin, and wolfman comrades also left. Fenna failed to convince her father to stay and had a tearful farewell.

"I'm glad they fired Omerta," Hana admitted. "I feel ashamed for how arrogant she became. I'm forever in your debt for saving her."

"Come on, I don't feel like that was my doing..." I noted, a little embarrassed, but my tail twirled regardless. "If anything, I did something awesome thanks to her. Now I want to learn magic."

"The situation is rather delicate..." They pondered, watching the rest of them leave. "Releasing the Princess is treason."

"Depending on how you look at it," I held my crossbow. "They uncovered their real target and can warn their leader about the informant."

"The question is if the Demon Lord will believe them or not..."

"Either way, your little sister became the ambassador of the New Order, and I have plans with her." I showed off my new invention. "Other than teaching me, she seemed eager to help me out."

"That crossbow thing?" Hana asked, looking at my contraption. "She talked about it. It makes sense to improve our weaponry and should have built a wall ages ago but kept delaying it."

"Who'd want to attack the village where a deity lives?" Alex suddenly appeared from thin air, and while it wasn't the first time, my heart could never get used to it. "I won't let anyone harm you in any way, I promised."

"We were already attacked, and you won't be here all the time," I noted, pulling through her jumpscare. "Not to mention, you let the most dangerous person stay in the village. He could even banish you."

"Lambert? Weeeeell... Yes, but he's a great chef." I couldn't believe her argument, but it's what I expected from her. "That reminds me, are my eyes betraying me, or was my belly always that round?"

"I, uh... Somehow I've always been hungry since I came to this world. Isn't that normal for a beastman?" I asked, blushing heavily. "I haven't eaten myself full even once and tried to be modest, I swear."

"Don't worry, haha, I can guess what causes it." Alex laughed, floating down to my level. "I always used tremendous amounts of mana, so I developed a method to deconstruct food directly into magicules. You can't use that technique anymore, but the appetite remained..."

"Can you teach me?" I asked, hoping to return her godly body to its original shape. "Maybe somehow reducing my appetite would work too."

"Well, it's not impossible, but it is time-consuming." She claimed, floating around me. "To learn the basic rules and formulas and ways to control your mana, even the best wizards practice for years."