Elder - Ch. 79

"This is much more like it."

I was satisfied, watching all the grain sprout. It was almost worth being beaten so badly for this. Lambert did not disappoint, even if I tortured him a little. If anything, I could have done it a bit longer, to relieve all my pent-up stress, but my plans were back in motion again, and I got used to these kinds of injuries already, which was sad and disappointing in itself. I hoped I wasn't secretly becoming a masochist.

"Come on, earn your keep. I expect you to finish this by noon." I yelled at the court wizard. I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing though, too deeply lost in thought.

Masochism, huh? No, I probably wasn't. I was rather inflicted pain on others instead. My blood started to boil every time I thought about that humiliating defeat. I was so close to success. Well, just like last time, right when I thought victory was mine and nothing could stand in my way anymore, I got slapped across the face, and hard.

"How long will it take until it's ready for harvest?" I asked the boy, stepping on his back. He struggled to speak, but I did enjoy bothering him. My other toy got too cocky lately, he might have thought that if I get beaten up so easily, he has the right to talk back to me.

Still, I did better than last time. When I fought the orc witch and her minions, it was a clear victory at first and an utter and complete defeat. I could barely escape with my life after the Goddess attacked me, my wounds were severe just from that one strike.

"Come on, dog, answer me" I kicked the struggling wizard, already on all fours. How was he able to still focus? I couldn't even find this spell after I put in all that effort, and he was able to pull it off in this state.

This time, I got my revenge on the orc brute at least, and I snatched away Lambert too. Originally I did not want to fight the Goddess anyway. Now it seemed like I could easily beat her, but then I got arrogant again and lowered my defenses. Their weaponry improved a lot since the last time. It was more dangerous to me than their magicians. The Goddess was practically a joke, falling over from a single slap.

"Even if you are gagged, don't dare to ignore my questions," I demanded, kicking him again, and a few more times. It felt so good. It made me forget all of those failures, at least for a short moment.

How could I leave her alive? The Goddess I mean. It was devastating when she cast her magic, but she was so slow and vulnerable. Was it just a trick to lure me in? I will never know, and I did fall into her trap in that sense. I was shot in the back and nearly died again.

But I went there with a goal and got what I wanted. The coward folded immediately, as expected. I dropped him off at the manor house, and Stern quickly chained him up, even before my wounds got treated. This way nobody even knew, he was still alive.

I could make him do whatever I wanted.

"Lady Elder... I can't..." He was at his limit. This was all he could say, once I removed his gag, but I didn't care at this point. In all honesty, he made an excellent progress. The grain grew nearly a week's worth in just an hour, on the entire field, as long as my eyes could see.

It was truly amazing, he had an incredible talent. I wasn't sure if he even knew, how special this was. I did, because I spent so much time searching for the right spell from the most basic to the highest difficulty grimoires, and found nothing. But of course, he didn't earn praise.

I snapped my fingers, and Stern ran to take him back into his confinement. Like a well-oiled machine, every part has fallen into the right place. Finally, my plans worked out.

"Give him plenty of food so he can recover by tomorrow!" I yelled after them, while I strolled around to inspect the fields. "The harvest might be a little later than I hoped, but we will still make it in time."