Nati - Chapter Ten

The chance to explore our surroundings excited me.

A day after my confession, I decided to become useful for the tribe. While I wasn't a historian, their community reminded me of the early medieval tribes of my world, and I wanted to become one of them. They knew about money but did not use it, had limited agriculture, and lived a simple life without luxuries.

I wanted to improve on that but didn't know how yet.

Their clothes were very primitive and didn't cover much. Made of rough fabrics, animal hides or fur, the females wore something resembling a leather bikini, leaving much of their green skin bare. They were not wearing the top piece out of modesty either.

I was sure of it, as ever since I became the owner of Alexandra's body, my back was killing me. I had no way to compare how it was before, my memories were fuzzy at best, but this new shell was relatively top-heavy. Maybe a C or D cup but enough to make itself felt. It did not help, that I was at least a foot or two shorter than the average adults of this village, and always had to look up sharply if I wanted to hold a conversation.

Even the females were usually six feet tall, or more and wore different tops from bandeaus, halters, or even these cross-style ones. They had only one thing in common: all seemed tight and sturdy.

I envied them because even if my mounds were as firm as they came, they still felt heavy. And I didn't have anything to help them fight gravity. I came to this world in my short tunic, a pair of sandals, and short shorts.

Too short short shorts.

My thighs were all but on display all day and while they sure looked godly, I wasn't used to leaving myself this vulnerable to people's stares. My fluffy tail and cat ears were already conspicuous enough. My black hair was at least similar in color to what all the orcs had, though the texture was vastly different. And I had pale skin too, while theirs was dark green.

It looked rough and thick, and the males got rather hairy. I figured they left their skin bare to be used as camouflage in the lush and green vegetation around them. They had no issue hunting the most delicious animals, even though they did not use bows.

In the last few days, I have eaten so much meat, that my belly became round. I was a little embarrassed since it indicated that I ate all their food without doing much for it and also did not take good care of the body the Goddess gifted to me.

I wanted to give something back, to work for the tribe that accepted me, however, my expertise was more useful in an office job, than in the wild. This world lacked many things I was used to but offered new opportunities, so I wanted to take inventory of what they had first.

In the past few days, I didn't leave the village at all.

I was either in Charlotte's hut or in the mess hall. When not eating, the women and children gathered and did all kinds of small tasks together. They sewn and patched their simple clothes, prepared food, or fixed the everyday tools the orcs used. The kids would also play around nearby, where the adults could see them. They covered most of their skin with clothes made of light fabrics, almost as if to make them more visible.

It was where the orcs would gather to hang out in the evenings, eat, drink, and dance. They did not seem to have much entertainment but were relatively well off.

The hunters left early in the morning and usually returned by noon. The farmers preferred to set out after that so at least half of the adults remained in the village at any given time, possibly to safeguard their valuables. Not that they had many.

They all used to be slaves after all and lived here as a free tribe but they didn't have a bad life. Still, I wanted to make it better and set out to explore the areas further than the bathing place. Charlotte and Hana escorted me, the latter grumbling the entire time.