Nati - Ch. 107

I woke up in a strange place again.

It was one of those when I had a strange dream, I couldn't remember and woke up feeling more tired than when I left to sleep. I didn't remember how I fell asleep either or had any idea where I was.

My lips and throat felt dry and my entire body was sore. My stomach growled, reminding me how hungry I got overnight, and sitting up I found my gear next to a comfortable bed. My staff, a backpack, and food left on the nightstand smelled very nice. I was compelled to eat that thing without thinking about it and recognized the taste of Lambert's cooking. I was definitely in that fantasy world still.

The two mounds that blocked my vision whenever I looked downwards reminded me, that this was a different body, not one I lived my life for eighteen years. I died only to be reborn as a beautiful woman with some feline features and I was tempted to say, it was worth the price.

However, saying that I was reborn wasn't exactly accurate. The Goddess of Luck, an actual deity from this world gave me her own body, so my soul had something to possess and start a new life here. It made little sense when I thought about it, but I felt gratitude towards her.

And love, of course. The strongest memory I carried from my previous life was meeting this girl on the university campus and losing my mind after the first glance I laid on her. My heart was still working overtime whenever she was nearby, but it pained me to realize, I barely knew anything about her to this day. And made no progress either...

This nearly soured the taste of this excellent meal, but the clattering noise beyond my room's door dragged me back to the present. The door flew open the next second, and my little sister rushed through it with a huge grin. She was full of life, wearing a school uniform that wasn't just cute and elegant, but thanks to the Goddess' magic, it protected her from both magic and the elements.

"Nati! You woke up at last." She announced as if I didn't know, but now I questioned how long I was in this bed. "Don't worry, you are in Gomel's place. We brought you back when you passed out, and did a little scouting... You didn't miss anything."

"What? I passed out?" I jumped up too fast and suddenly felt dizzy.

"Whoa, careful big sis, you might be low on mana." She grabbed my shoulders to prevent me from falling. Hearing her say big sis only made the world spin faster around me though. "You were out for an entire day so take it easy now. Oh, you found your food, great."

"F-for a whole day? Sorry, I overdid it with that Cerberus..." I started remembering what happened, but it didn't make me feel better. "So you went ahead without me? What was the dungeon like?"

"Ugh, to be honest? It was boring. We saw some creatures that looked like Spanish snails, like... Disgusting." She shook her head, pushing me back down onto the bed. "But Omerta said it wasn't the actual dungeon yet, and they did not belong there either. The entrance was blocked."

"What do you mean blocked? So the Cerberus..." I struggled to put the pieces together, but she sat down and started a proper explanation before I could finish my sentence.

"So like, you know, the dungeon is in a different dimension, right?"

"A pocket dimension, yes." I nodded, quoting the Goddess.

"Oh, I haven't heard it like that. It sounds much cuter than what Omerta said..." She giggled before continuing. "Anyway, this dungeon spawned under the city, and the creatures dug their way out to the surface, like a long time ago. Then their tunnels got filled with critters from this continent, mainly those troglodytes we encountered, and the dungeon sealed itself back to prevent these from entering."