Emi - Ch. 103

"Will she be all right?"

Our strike team had to stop before we even entered the dungeon. As the others claimed, the entrance was near where the Cerberus tried to attack us, and they made short work of the other hellhounds too, but my brother used way too much mana for her little show, and we brought her back to Gomel's workshop. It looked more like a mansion than a smithy.

The entire dwarven city looked amazing, and if the monsters and nature didn't try to ruin it, the structures would easily stand for another hundred or a thousand years. I never saw architecture this amazing in our world, and they didn't have cranes or modern technologies to pull it off. But they had magic, and a long lifespan to practice their skills. Gomel was no exception either.

"She just needs to rest. I guess, she didn't know what happens when you suddenly use up all your magicules..." Ember said, standing over Nati's bed. "But it's nothing strange, I passed out twice on our journey across the lizard's territory. I burned down a forest and blew up a bridge."

"I have never passed out in my life from overusing magic." Omerta shook her head. Like me, the orc witch was nonstop turning her head, trying to take in as much of the city's sights as possible. "I mean I was knocked out after my first duel with the Elder... I did much better the second time and won't let her survive the third."

"I was there on that second fight too, can't call that a duel." The Fire Witch shook her head as we left the drawf's guest room. "So what should we do now? Explore the city, scout ahead in the dungeon, or wait until she wakes up? I barely warmed up..."

"How long do you think she will sleep?" I asked curiously once we all sat around the smith's large table. "There does seem to be a lot of things worth to watch, but I'd rather explore this place with her..."

"And we can't stay here forever, the village might be under attack soon," Omerta added, glancing over at the orc shaman. Gitaut seemed lost in thought, his eyes closed, taking deep breaths. From what I could tell he possessed some interesting abilities that could detect enemies, or certain events and their severity through the changes in the mana flow.

I was jealous of all this magical stuff, but I didn't have any aptitude for it, and even their explanations sounded mystical and strange. It didn't seem fair when my bro-sis turned out to be such a powerful wizard in this world, but I didn't have to feel ashamed either, thanks to my exceptional strength and skill in martial arts.

"Well, last time I slept for an entire day, before that it was two or three? So don't hold your breath..." Ember noted, pulling out some food from the Bag of Holding. "I think we are plenty strong without her to do a little exploration, but shouldn't go in too deep or the Goddess will be mad."

"You were the last I expected such a sensible suggestion from..." One of the hobgoblins noted. The warriors we borrowed from the Demon Lord's army were unscathed after our first engagement, and the overall morale of our team was high. "I say we should check out that entrance, if we already slain its guardian, but don't spend more than an hour inside."

"I'll pretend I didn't hear the first part and agree with this suggestion..." Ember shrugged, pulling her nose up, then raised her free hand. "I cast my vote to explore a bit... After lunch."

"Aye, agreed." The other two warriors and Omerta cast theirs, all raising their hands. Gitaut's eyes were still closed, and he didn't react to our chatter. I felt like I should stay with Nati, but craving some action I raised my hand too.

"Gitaut, you stay or come with us?" Omerta nudged the shaman with her elbow, and he finally opened his eyes. I expected him to stutter and say we should stay, but his reaction was quick and firm.