Cath - Ch. 91

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Aieeeeeeeee!" I heard a grown man scream. He got thrown into the air, and when I followed his trajectory, I found none other than the Princess. I failed to notice her, occupied with my fight against my three opponents.

Just what kind of bodyguard that made me? And what the hell was going on with her? The crowd went wild, and the other fighters paused to look at her. Their shock didn't escape me, but I couldn't miss this chance.

I murmured a quick prayer and sped myself up. With my enemies distracted, I cut them all within a second. One after the other, I disarmed them without causing a mortal wound.

Before they realized what I did to them, I stole the shield of the one closer to me, then sprinted toward Elizabeth. A few fighters decided to do the same after they came to terms with the events, but I ran faster than any of them.

"Cath!" The princess yelled at me. I was wrong to think she called me for help. "I fought too, did you see?!"

"Behind you, idiot!" I shouted back, sprinting as fast as possible. She turned to face her attacker and sent him flying with the shield. It almost looked comical, completely unreal, when she was such a small woman.

Well, maybe a tiny bit taller than me, but I digress. The defeated man probably weighed four times as much, so it didn't make sense. As if some miracle happened and a god aided the helpless little Princess. Then it hit me this might have been the case since she was a seer.

I held back the urge to shout out in the middle of the arena, but the Princess had awakened. What happened to her in the last few days while they separated us? If she got the same treatment as me, she must have spent the entire time alone and gained a blessing.

Even at my miraculous speed, it took me some time to reach her. And quite a few enemies aimed for her as well. Some of them enjoyed a headstart, and I tried to figure out what kind of miracle she used.

Her blessings seemed different from what I recognized from Remmol. My patron god provided lightning speed and a few tricks, but not the kind of strength she displayed. What she performed looked like Iron Fist.

"Blessed be Gadurien," I mumbled as she effortlessly punched one more idiot into the air. He ran at her as if they saw nothing when she knocked out two people already. Still, that miracle couldn't last forever, and once they surrounded her, she was done for. I hurried up.

"This is what I'm talking about! Aren't I amazing?!" I heard her yell, and the men aiming for the Princess finally slowed down. Two of them started a duel right in my path, and I used this opportunity to neutralize them both in one swift stroke. It wasn't the epitome of chivalry to attack them from behind, but I never asked to be put in this arena.

The second one noticed me, but his block was too slow. I knocked out the sword from his hand and kicked his teeth in. My miracle wore out, but I moved faster than usual without my armor. This also told me that the Princess probably reached her limits too and found herself in a rather sticky situation. Two men I remembered from the palace's garden tried to surround her. She swung her spear around, not how she was supposed to.

"I'm almost there!" I yelled, alerting those guys of my presence. As long as they occupied themselves with me, that increased the chances of Elizabeth surviving. One of them hesitated, and the tip of the spear, waved around by this crazy woman, managed to scratch his face. The others tried to attack her from behind, but I reached them to cover her blind spot.

"Finally, you got here." She complained without stopping that stupid spin for a second. "I tried to reach you, but you refused to look my way."

"I'm sorry, that woman from Shibalan said we wouldn't meet each other anytime soon," I explained, trying to examine the situation. "I thought we'd fight in different rounds too."