Emi - Ch. 80

I failed my test, but I didn't care.

The school was much more boring than I expected and I was so excited when it started, but then stuff happened. I was no longer able to be hyped about anything. I didn't care about good grades, or to become popular, or do anything high school-related, until the start of this week.

"Hey, Emi, wanna come with us to..."

"Can't, I'm busy." I shot down their invitation before they could even finish the sentence. I might have been a bit of a dick. My classmates tried. I felt bad for acting this anti-social, but I finally found something to get my hopes up for, so I didn't have time for their crap.

"There she goes again." I heard behind my back on my way out.

But I had a date with Alex. Well, not really a date of course, but she offered to meet up, and I couldn't wait. Normally I'd go home, and get rid of my school uniform first. Probably put on something simple and black instead. But I had to rush straight to the station to make it in time. I barely noticed how people started to turn their heads after me. That was certainly new. Was it because of the skirt? It wasn't even short.

"Dude, look at that chick." I couldn't tell if they meant me. If they did, I shouldn't have been able to hear that, dumbasses.

But puberty hit everyone differently. I felt like a little gray mouse all my life, but maybe that was about to change. I wondered, what my brother would have to say about that. I didn't care about other people's opinions. Hmm, but I could have asked Alexandra too.

"I want a return ticket," I told the cashier and jabbered the destination. Yes, I'll meet her in less than half an hour.

She was stunning. Like, holy crap, I wasn't into girls or anything, but damn. The last time we met it was all too fast and weird, so I could barely take a look at her, but ever since that moment, I couldn't get her out of my head. Well, obviously, not because of her looks.

She took a huge hit for me, literally. I remembered clearly how the fender and the front of that semi-truck looked. People don't normally survive that, and she was completely fine, unscathed. She wouldn't let me call an ambulance just had me invite her for tea.

"Don't worry about it, I guess I'm kinda special." That was all she said back then, followed by a wink. The girl had quite the confidence and such a strange aura. "I bring luck to the people around me without even trying, so I guess it was your turn. But do look around better next time."

Well, she saved my life. I felt so stupid, breaking up with my first boyfriend, and then crying like a baby. I shouldn't have even started dating that loser, let alone go as low as to weep because of him. But just thinking about my brother was enough to make me emotional. And even if he wasn't saying anything bad about him, it made me mad, I had to do something about it before I blew up on the scene.

I mean, about being a psycho. If Alex hadn't taken that hit for me, I would have died too. Although, was that such a bad thing? Maybe I would have met with my brother again.

"You want to meet him so bad?" I didn't even realize, I was already at the place. The train ride went by in a blur, I was so lost in thought again. And holy shit, did I mumble to myself, or was she just reading my mind?

"Meet who?" I asked, blushing, too shy to look directly at the girl. She was even hotter than I remembered from last time. "I didn't even notice you here, I'm such a trainwreck."

"No worries, Emi. Did I make you wait long?" She flashed me a smile that could endanger every iceberg in existence. I shook my head, glancing at my phone for a second. I had my last conversation with my brother on the screen and didn't even realize it. So that's what she meant. I acted weird. More often than not, I had no recollection of what happened around me or what I was doing.