Aoi - Ch. 106

The girl was clearly possessed.

She didn't simply become a priest to a forgotten goddess, it would occasionally take over her body and grant her miracles without a prayer. The dungeon was a serious issue we had to deal with, and her power seemed like the perfect tool for the job, but who knew... By the end, she could become an even bigger issue for Saipole.

"Aoi Sama... Ahead..." The voice of my followers barely registered.

What if the wizards couldn't restrain her? Banishment might not work on the possessed, not like any of my magicians could cast it. According to the pact, gods could not manifest on the continent, but the inside of the dungeon was a different plane. What if trying to use her power to my benefit spelled doom on us all?

"Um, Aoi Sama..." They whispered, but I missed the sharp change in the scenery, lost in these thoughts so deeply. Blindly following the traces of mana, I tried to predict if another dangerous monster was blocking our path, but stumbling on the dimensional rift, I wandered through without realizing it.

"Princess, look!" These words were uttered much louder, so I finally turned my head, recognizing the paladin's voice. Of course, she addressed her Princess from the north, not me, but it was enough to drag me out of my thoughts, unlike the calls of my wizards. I took a good look around. "The sky is purple, such a beautiful sight..."

"What? How is this possible?" The men of the penal squad stood with their jaws dropped, but even the magicians who had seen many strange things before, looked mezmerised at the landscape. I couldn't blame them, this was not what I expected either. "Are we on another planet?"

"Geddu says yes." The purple-haired Princess answered, cutting through their formation to set foot in the dungeon. Her behavior quickly started to change though, and her tone too. "It's a foreign world that collided with ours, and might have multiple gates connecting the two."

"But what is this lush vegetation deep underground?" One of the gladiators couldn't comprehend the previous explanation. But then again, after running into those abyssal creatures, I expected a claustrophobic, infernal subterranean landscape too, and not what we got instead.

The sky was purple and red, as if it froze in a permanent sunset, soft clouds hiding the actual sun from our sight. But even though we came all the way here under the ground, this was the surface of an alien world, a vast, open landscape with rolling hills and mountains in the distance expanding beyond the horizon. The entrance we came through was carved into the side of a cliff, which blocked my vision further back.

But this dungeon expanded far and wide, unlike something a newly formed interdimensional plane was supposed to do. The more I looked, the less sense it made. The explanation came from the Crantan goddess through the mouth of the northern Princess.

"This dungeon saw battles of epic scale in the last decade and completely transformed in the process... It expanded way beyond what humans thought possible. This isn't the only place it connects with this world." Her voice was unlike before. The goddess no longer sent her thoughts through the Princess to share with us, she spoke directly. I glanced at the wizards behind us, but they didn't notice.

They were too busy taking in the sights of this amazing realm, the lush forests and tall grass before us. But this turn of events fueled my worries even more. Still, as long as she didn't act hostile towards us, I had to use her power and needed to know where this knowledge came from.

"The creatures we met outside... They were outcasts, survivors of a lost battle, and tried to find a way out. The real enemies don't know that we trespassed their territories yet, but they won't hesitate to destroy us." She said before I could ask any questions. It sounded ominous, but at that moment, she seemed to be the greatest threat in the first place.