{Am I Not Enough? Pt.2}

[Description: Continues on from where we left off with everything going on only this time in Zane's POV]

Zane's POV:

"Please don't speak to her like that" Kawaii-Chan whispered and a few seconds later she ran out the door ignoring her mothers angry shouts to get back here while everyone else started shouting at her mother.

I just stared at her mother as everything that Kawaii-Chan has ever done clicked in my mind and I realized she's always been this sweet and caring because she never had that.

Anger bubbled up inside me as Kawaii-Chan's mother quickly left the house once she realized that no one was going to back her up on anything and wanted her gone.

Everyone looked at each other in shock before jumping in what to do next and during the chaos, I quietly walked over and pulled my jacket back on and grabbed Kawaii-Chan's jacket and purse.

Slipping out the door, I fixed my jacket and looked to see her mother mumbling to herself at the end of the driveway and looked even angrier but she deserved it.

Walking down the stairs, she heard the footsteps and turned around, her eyes lit up when she thought I was coming to tell her to come back inside or help her.

"Oh thank you! You are a ver-"

"I'm not here to help you" I cut her off, she blinked a few times in surprise and her mouth fell open as she tried figuring out what to say next but couldn't for a moment.

"Then what are you doing here? Standing outside with me?" She asked, I just stared at her.

"Going to find Kawaii-Chan and make sure she's okay after you attacked her for no reason" I snapped, all the shock she had disappeared and was replaced with anger.

"Why do you care about that brat?" She snapped, I stepped towards her but still kept my distance from her.

"Because unlike you who is a pathetic miserable person who has nothing to show for besides being a horrible mother. I actually care about her and she's one of my best friends and deserves none of this. Are you truly that pathetic and miserable with your life that you have to attack your daughter who is just enjoying her time?" She glared at me.

"Don't disrespect me! I am yo-"

"Respect is earned not given Kova," Her mouth fell open as she stepped back in shock and I continued. "You certainly don't have my respect and I have no interest in trying to gain yours. However I do care when people attack my friends. You don't deserve to be able to call her your daughter and I wonder how someone as kind and caring as her could come from someone so pathetic and miserable. Why don't you do her a favour and just stay away from her" I snapped and walked away from her.

"Funny how protective you are of her Zane Ro'Meave. Friends protect each other, yes. However you seem to have more of a reason to protect her and I can't seem to understand what a Ro'Meave would want wit someone like her. She's nothing" I turned around to face Kova once again.

"She isn't nothing. She is everything you so desperately wished you were and you hate that she is everything you couldn't be and you take it out on her for just existing. Kawaii-Chan is sweet, caring, and an amazing person who deserves the entire world and doesn't deserve anything you throw her way. If I were her, I'd never speak to you again but luckily enough for you, she's a lot kinder than I ever will be and you don't realize how lucky you are to have her in your life. You are nothing and she is everything and more" I turned around and started walking away once again.

"Friends don't protect each other this way Zane! You have feelings for her whether you want to admit that or not!" Kova yelled to me but I said nothing else and kept on walking.